About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Mile High Mountaineering Brings the Passion

11:37 p.m. on August 6, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
397 reviewer rep
962 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Mile High Mountaineering Brings the Passion"

Jeff Popp started Mile High Mountaineering because he felt some existing pack designs "lacked passion." His fresh approach is on full display at Outdoor Retailer.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/08/06/mile-high-mountaineering.html

11:49 p.m. on August 6, 2011 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I actually like the looks of the Bolt. I found a sneak peek of these packs a lil while back.

Seth, are they hydration bladder friendly?

3:11 p.m. on August 8, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
397 reviewer rep
962 forum posts

Hi Rick - I'm checking.

3:15 p.m. on August 8, 2011 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Seth said:

Hi Rick - I'm checking.

Good stuff, hope you all are having a blast out there. 

7:09 p.m. on August 8, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
397 reviewer rep
962 forum posts

Rick,

All of these are hydration compatable.

It was a good show.  I need a few days to recover, for sure.  When Trailspace is at the show, we are up before six, and out after midnight!

7:12 p.m. on August 8, 2011 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Seth said:

Rick,

All of these are hydration compatable.

It was a good show.  I need a few days to recover, for sure.  When Trailspace is at the show, we are up before six, and out after midnight!

Hey, at least its a positive form of sleep deprivation. ;)

Yeah I can definitely tell all of you are putting your time in. At the same time I can personally say I appreciate all of your efforts. I love hearing about all the newest stuff hitting the market. It gives me an idea at how much money I am going to spend in the not so distant future lol. 

I have been following the OR show on Twitter as well through other sources. I am turning into quite a gear head in a sense. At the same time I have become ultra-critical when it comes to the choices I make in gear. I never make an impulse buy. 

Thanks again to all of you out there that are taking the time to shoot this info our way. Its greatly appreciated.

10:23 a.m. on August 9, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,910 forum posts

Thanks again to all of you out there that are taking the time to shoot this info our way. Its greatly appreciated.

You're welcome, Rick. I'm glad you enjoy the content.

11:35 a.m. on August 19, 2011 (EDT)
120 reviewer rep
137 forum posts

Really interested in some of their bigger packs especially, ie Great Divide, Flatiron, and the Fifty-Two (Ok, especially the Fifty-Two).  Any looks at these packs at the show?

10:21 a.m. on August 21, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Did you folks here on "the board" HAMMMER  the manufacturers about the "made-in-China" issue ?

Also, the LACK of quality FGL boots WITHOUT Gore-Tex ?   Too much EVA in footwear ?

Objective journalism is not a bad thing.  

~r2~

April 16, 2014
Quick Reply