Beer & Gear Fest Ohiopyle Pa.

2:53 p.m. on April 24, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Wilderness Voyageurs is having its Beer & Gear fest June 16th 2012 at Ohiopyle Pa. 

Gear from:

• Wave Sport Kayak
  • Pyranha Kayaks
  • Werner Paddles
  • IR
  • Vasque
  • MSR
  • Thermarest
  • Marmot
  • Mountain Hardwear
  • ORVIS

...And complimentary beer sampling. Check out the link if ya might be interested.

http://wilderness-voyageurs.com/beer-and-gear.html

Oh, and there is also a 5k run.

$20 festival admission and must have ID. 

1:35 p.m. on April 25, 2012 (EDT)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Now that's my type of gear show! And some very good brews too. But what I want most is that pint glass.

1:52 p.m. on April 25, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

From my understanding from friends that have attended is that ya get to keep it. 

2:45 p.m. on April 25, 2012 (EDT)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

I really do want one. Can you get one for me?

10:16 a.m. on May 4, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Too bad it's not a Scotch and Cognac event.

I haven't had a beer since the BiCentennial (really !).

~ r2 ~

10:43 p.m. on May 8, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Sounds like a cool event! 

Especially if the have some better craft offerings. Contrary to what many believe, fine brew is as complex, subtle, and rewarding as the best wine, scotch, etc. 

10:55 p.m. on May 8, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

gonzan said:

Sounds like a cool event! 

Especially if the have some better craft offerings. Contrary to what many believe, fine brew is as complex, subtle, and rewarding as the best wine, scotch, etc. 

Yes it is... and I plan on learning the craft very well. :p

Well maybe somewhat well, okay not at all I am just gonna kick a few back, listen to the live Bluegrass band and harass the vendors. 

I may get hammered and enter the 5k with my gimpy leg.

(before someone asks)

No, if I do it won't be recorded(although I am sure you could prolly catch it on the evening news. :p

But seriously, I think its going to be a great time. Plus I am going to get to see a bunch of folks I went to high school with, spread some TS joy(stickers,) check out some beer & gear and just enjoy it.

Then the wife and I are going to spend the night in a tent, wake up all bright eyed and bushy tailed the next day and go exploring.

Gonna be a great weekend.  

I will be posting a "different" kind of trip report from the event. 

6:21 p.m. on May 9, 2012 (EDT)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Brewers; Victory, Dogfish, then Great Lakes. All very, Very good. Start with the lighter (color) ones first. I love Ales, and well......drink some very fine ones from time to time. Treat them like a wine tasting, feel them, chew them, smell them.

And Bluegrass to boot! What a great, fun gear show. Wish I was there. 

10:25 a.m. on May 10, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Mike, have you ever had any of Ommegang Brewery's offerings? If you like Belgian style ales, it is about as good as you can get this side of the pond.  In their regular draughts, I am hard pressed to choose a favorite, but it would be between the Abby Ale and Rare Vos.

Man, I think I am going to have to pick some up on the way home now :) 

10:36 a.m. on May 10, 2012 (EDT)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

I'm more of a hophead and stout guy. Wheats don't do much for me anymore. That being said I have heard nothing but good reviews on that brewery. I would love to give it a try sometime. I'll be picking up a 6er of Widmer Bros Spiced IPA sometime later today. 

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply