Dope is King! Long live longboards!

11:06 p.m. on January 16, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
269 forum posts

Coming up to Johnsville, Plumas County, CA for the longboard races?  First race is this Sunday, Jan 20.  Check the ski club page for info.

I worked at the Plumas Ski Bowl for four seasons.  They are correct when they say if you can ski Johnsville, you can ski anywhere.

Plumasskiclub.org

I'm going to try to go to get some pics Sunday.  First race of the season. I've only been to one race before, which is an hour drive for me, three races scheduled, snow permitting.  Very friendly, family fun.  Not sure if they will have food, drinks, I'll try to take an old stove to heat soup or something just to be safe.

Duane

10:10 a.m. on January 17, 2013 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
773 reviewer rep
681 forum posts

Cool. Is there a minimum ski length? Where do people come up with skis and "dope".

1:31 p.m. on January 17, 2013 (EST)
52 reviewer rep
312 forum posts

I don't understand. Are we talking Side Salad?

4:04 p.m. on January 17, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
269 forum posts

Terminology is old timey.  To do this, you don't want short skis.  They have to be period correct.  Dope is the pine pitch or whatever the miners etc. would apply to their "boards" to give them more glide.  Check out the ski clubs page for the amazing lengths.

Duane

7:22 p.m. on January 17, 2013 (EST)
52 reviewer rep
312 forum posts

Good lord, imagine catching an edge on one of those things, you would do some damage!

They should put the video on youtube if it isn't already there.

Always good to see some snow and "refreshments" being enjoyed!

9:00 p.m. on January 17, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
269 forum posts

You don't want to fall down at speed on those skis.

Duane

December 20, 2014
Quick Reply