You're Invited--Shawnee N.F. December 29-31

8:25 a.m. on November 8, 2013 (EST)
MODERATOR TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,425 reviewer rep
842 forum posts

A group of TrailSpace members spent 3 days backpacking in Shawnee in September, and we're ready to do it again December 29-31.

We're hiking a section of the River-to-River (R2R) Trail from Fern Clyffe State Park to Giant City State Park. Our route will take us through the gorgeous Panther Den Wilderness and Crab Orchard Wilderness.

Southern Illinois temps are mild in December. You can usually expect highs in the mid-40s and lows in the 30s. I've hiked in much warmer conditions as well.

Anyone unable to get a car to Shawnee is welcome to take Amtrak to Carlinville, IL and get a ride with me. I imagine we could arrange a pickup at Amtrak in Carbondale, as well.

Right now, PillowThread, Joseph Renow, and myself are all in. One other is working on a plan to get off work.

Post if you are interested or contact me though private message.

1:22 p.m. on December 6, 2013 (EST)
MODERATOR TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,425 reviewer rep
842 forum posts

Not too late to get in on the fun. We have 3 confirmed for the trip. Let us know if you are interested.

October 31, 2014
Quick Reply