Trailspace server speed

1:23 a.m. on May 3, 2012 (EDT)
447 reviewer rep
277 forum posts

PLEASE get faster servers. Unless you're currently experiencing a server problem your speed is too slow.

Regards, Eric

2:24 a.m. on May 3, 2012 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,757 forum posts

Eric, I've never had problems loading up any pages from here. What kind of problems are you having?

8:50 a.m. on May 3, 2012 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,285 forum posts

Tom D said:

Eric, I've never had problems loading up any pages from here. What kind of problems are you having?

+1.

TS is the same speed as any other site.  Any slowness I experience is due to ATT's  DSL.

Ed 

9:34 a.m. on May 3, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

No problems her either. 

I've only experienced an issue connecting a couple times in the last two years. Both times it turned out I happened to be getting on during very brief routine site reboot cycles.

9:47 a.m. on May 3, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
942 forum posts

Eric, I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing slow load times.

How slow are we talking about? 

Are there certain areas of the site that seem to be slow for you, or does it seem to be the entire site?

Are there particular times of day that you're noticing slow responses?

Full site, mobile site, or both?

12:20 p.m. on May 3, 2012 (EDT)
447 reviewer rep
277 forum posts

Speed seems OK today ut yesterday in teh evening it would take 10 to 15 seconds for a page to load.  I went to BPL to check and the speed was OK so it was not my computer.  I dunno.

7:32 p.m. on May 3, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
942 forum posts

That's definitely slow. I'm glad it's working better for you today. Please do let us know if you notice similar slowness in the future.

10:16 p.m. on May 3, 2012 (EDT)
121 reviewer rep
590 forum posts

no flaming intended, but isn't it funny that 10-15 seconds to load is now considered "slow"??

I remember dial up taking 45 minutes to download 1 song when napster first started!

12:39 a.m. on May 4, 2012 (EDT)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

I don't know if this is related or what, but. 

I was having some problems last night too, say between 9PM and 11PM PST.  The page would pop up in a new tab but then just sit their blank (white) the address bar would be spinning but nothing seemed to load.  I did have a lot of other stuff open and I have noticed that I can sometimes overload my internet conection, or at least it seems that way.  Usually I just stop and start again and then it will load. 

FireFox 9.01  Yes I know I need to upgrade! :)

Wolfman

September 2, 2014
Quick Reply