Getting bumped off (help)

12:08 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
430 forum posts

Rick, first off I see on the which tent to buy thread i typoed your name as Ricjk. Oops and i just noticed that now. I am sorry for that.

let me say I have no clue as to How To type. I just hunt and peck as i go looking at the keys. I have bad tendons and joints and so tend to double key a lot. If that isn't bad enough I tend to bash keyboards to death and so far this one takes the beating but the following keys are plain black as the letters are totally worn off ...

uiohlnm are just black..

The problem. I log in and try to stay logged in all the time. So I can open Trailspace from any e-mail notice and just read, and say things as it strikes me. So long as i just text and 'post message' I never get bumped off.

But if I add in pictures from my profile albums it is very likely I will be bumped off and then I get the log in screen and lose the post.

Sometimes i can log in at that point and click the back arrow and hit  'post message', which works about 1/2 the time. If it doesn't work the post is gone missing for ever.

12:20 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
225 reviewer rep
1,192 forum posts

This happened to me numerous times on my last trip report.  I just X out the box and punch Image again.  It's a new glitch.

12:30 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
59 reviewer rep
270 forum posts

I've had the same thing happen, lost a post and got logged out involuntarily when I tried to include a photo. So I posted the text only, then clicked 'edit' and added the photo. Which worked, but added a step.

There's also the occasional accidental double-post, I've seen it happen to others (hi ppine) and I've had it happen in private messages too.

All in all, though, Trailspace works really well and is very user-friendly, especially compared to some other forums I won't name here...you guys are doing a great job.

12:41 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
430 forum posts

Tipi Walter said:

This happened to me numerous times on my last trip report.  I just X out the box and punch Image again.  It's a new glitch.

Oh, I took it as i was alone.... having this happen to me is a part of my holding off on reports / reviews of gear, that and my still being new.

I am still checking out if i will fit in or not here.

New things and places take time for me to get used to.

I must wonder though Walter if you get bumped back to Loggin? It doesn't read like it. I get bumped off to log in again, and I didn't sign out just getting a picture to add to a post.

12:47 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
430 forum posts

Islandess said:

I've had the same thing happen, lost a post and got logged out involuntarily when I tried to include a photo. So I posted the text only, then clicked 'edit' and added the photo. Which worked, but added a step.

There's also the occasional accidental double-post, I've seen it happen to others (hi ppine) and I've had it happen in private messages too.

All in all, though, Trailspace works really well and is very user-friendly, especially compared to some other forums I won't name here...you guys are doing a great job.

This sounds a lot more like what happens to me. But as far as I know i haven't double posted yet.

I just used your method too. I did the texting and posted that much.

Then I did edit and placed in the image I wanted.

When this happens I just think I did something wrong myself. I am no IT tech. Given time and use I can figure out what I am doing wrong, but not this time.

A lot of the pictures I post are my way of checking out the How To for any reviews in a future time.

I like the reviews written on this site,  and want to try and help out to do my part, but not yet.

12:59 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,123 forum posts

This happens to me everytime I post pictures to a forum site too. I end up having to copy and paste my replies or posts as it happens so often, even on public PC's. If I don't copy and paste my post before I click Post Reply, then have to reopen my account I loose the post/pictures I labored over for 20 minutes and have to try to start over. And when I go to the top of the page when the system asks me to open my account or join top post, I am still logged in by the right top of the page where is say's:

Welcome, GaryPalmer [ messages | profile | account | logout ]

1:29 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
941 forum posts

Thanks for the reports, all. I'm working on a fix and should have something put together later today.

2:04 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
430 forum posts

Sorry to have been a bother Dave.

2:19 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
59 reviewer rep
270 forum posts

I just posted, with pictures, in another thread. All in one go, no trouble. So it's a sometimes thing? or fixed? I did get a pop-up sign-in-again window for permission to add the pictures, which seems unnecessary, but is certainly no big deal.

Dave, thanks for the great job you do for us!

2:23 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Dave is the man.

5:00 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
941 forum posts

No bother at all! When something's broken on the site, I definitely want to know about it.

We have a fix in place for this issue. It seems to fix the problem here, but I haven't tested it as extensively as I'd like. Please do let me know if any of you are still having problems.

7:35 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Lodge Pole said:

Rick, first off I see on the which tent to buy thread i typoed your name as Ricjk. Oops and i just noticed that now. I am sorry for that.

No worries man, my wife and co-workers call me worse. :)

9:08 p.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
430 forum posts

Rick-Pittsburgh said:

Dave is the man.

Yeah I know.... I been snoopin' :-)

In the old ways we have something called camp fire lies or the liars bench, modern folks call it gossip.

Thanks Dave...

August 23, 2014
Quick Reply