Public petition to Dave & Alicia.....

6:26 a.m. on January 7, 2003 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,239 forum posts

Dave & Alicia, Please don't allow this board, which I thought was created for the sharing of knowledge relative to outdoor activities, to become swamped with classified adds.

Can't there be a special classified section for "equipment for sale"? Perhaps a classified section can even help generate some operating revenue for you.

Just one voice in the wilderness.

Ed Geary
Orlando, Fl

10:56 a.m. on January 7, 2003 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
408 forum posts
Is it SPAM? Or...?

Quote:

Dave & Alicia, Please don't allow this board, which I thought was created for the sharing of knowledge relative to outdoor activities, to become swamped with classified adds.

If it was a company, I'd say probably not. But just an individual selling stuff? Dunno. I'd appreciate the opportunity to get some less expensive gear. Especially if thru a regular contributor of this forum.

However, this gearup5000 guy has a bunch of stuff for sale on the web...which makes me curious...

Interesting...

Brian in SLC

11:05 a.m. on January 7, 2003 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,239 forum posts
I just feel it doesn't belong where folks share ideas, etc.......

I'm betting it will get out of control. Figured if enough folks felt the same way I do, we ought to let the moderators know.

Of course if it doesn't bother the majority, hell, I'll shut up and start posting my own classifieds for things I want to sell.

5:15 p.m. on January 7, 2003 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
947 forum posts

Thanks for bringing this up, Ed. I agree that the volume of gear for sale ads has become a little bit overwhelming lately.

While for sale ads are off-topic for this forum, I've let them go in the past because there haven't been that many and they've usually come from folks who are also active participants here.

But recently that seems to have changed and we're seeing more and more for sale ads cluttering both the Backcountry and Climbing forums. In response to this obvious demand for a place to buy and sell gear, I am going to add a dedicated forum for posting of for sale ads. This new forum will go online soon; I'll post back when it does.

-Dave

1:16 p.m. on January 14, 2003 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
947 forum posts
New classified ad section

We've created a new section of the site just for posting classified gear ads. Just click "Marketplace" at the top of the page, or point your browser to http://www.trailspace.com/classified/

October 31, 2014
Quick Reply