reviews of other gear?

12:40 p.m. on January 8, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

How about adding a new section for reviews of other outdoor gear? In particular, I'd be interested in writing and reading reviews of gloves/mittens/hats. It's be a natural addition to the 'Jackets' section - possibly a sub-section similar to the way you've handled pants and bibs.

1:17 p.m. on January 8, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Re: reviews of other gear? - addendum

Quote:

How about adding a new section for reviews of other outdoor gear? In particular, I'd be interested in writing and reading reviews of gloves/mittens/hats. It's be a natural addition to the 'Jackets' section - possibly a sub-section similar to the way you've handled pants and bibs.

Me again. How about re-organizing the top level naming/navigation to allow for a wider scope of reviews? Instead of 'Jackets', how about 'Apparel'? Under apparel, you could have subcategories for Jackets, Pants, Bibs, One-Piece Suits, Gloves/Mittens, Gaiters, etc, etc.

Instead of 'Tents' and 'Backpacks'; how about 'Equipment'. Under that you could have the Tents and Backpacks, but you could also add additional subcategories for other subcategories that would cover things like climbing hardware, trekking poles, altimeter watches, etc. etc.

This would provide a way to assemble more content while maintaining simple navigation.

1:38 p.m. on January 14, 2003 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
946 forum posts
Excellent suggestions

Thanks for your suggestions!

Adding additional categories of reviews has actually been a goal of mine for quite a while. We've slowly been making our way through the process of re-formatting the database to allow for more review categories, better sorting and searching capabilities, and more. Unfortunately this has been a longer process than I had originally hoped, but it is something that we're working towards.

7:39 p.m. on January 19, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Re: Excellent suggestions

That's great news. This is already an excellent site. I'm glad to hear that you're moving in new directions with it. You guys rock!

Quote:

Thanks for your suggestions!

Adding additional categories of reviews has actually been a goal of mine for quite a while. We've slowly been making our way through the process of re-formatting the database to allow for more review categories, better sorting and searching capabilities, and more. Unfortunately this has been a longer process than I had originally hoped, but it is something that we're working towards.

October 20, 2014
Quick Reply