PLEASE READ: Forum changes

6:24 p.m. on September 20, 2007 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
949 forum posts

Over the next couple days we will be reorganizing the forums a bit. We've adding three new forums and will be moving a number of messages out of the existing forums and into the new ones.

The new forums are:

- Gear Selection
- Trip Planning
- Trip Reports

If you're having trouble finding a thread you've been following, it's probably been moved to one of these new forums.

You can access the new forums from the forum index at http://www.trailspace.com/forums/

11:01 p.m. on September 20, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
96 forum posts

Dave
Just my opinion but I think Trip Planning and Trip Reports ought to be 1 forum since the 2 go hand in hand. 1 persons trip report is data for another persons trip planning. Be easier to search out if they were both on the same page. Also feedback on trip planning from the trip report can be posted in the same, original message.

Just my 2c.

ag

10:04 p.m. on September 21, 2007 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
949 forum posts

Thanks for the feedback Adam. Those are good points and I agree they're two sides of the same coin -- first gathering and then sharing information about a trip or destination.

One reason I separated them is that I hope people (myself included) will be more apt to actually post trip reports if there's a spot specifically for them. We're also planning to eventually add some more functionality around trip reports, so from that standpoint it sort of made sense to just split them out now.

10:10 p.m. on September 21, 2007 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
949 forum posts

A couple additional changes today:

- Added an Off-Topic forum for discussion of non-outdoors topics. (This is not a flame zone...the usual rules of civil discourse apply.)

- Added more information about the poster of each message, including join date, number of posts, and enhanced "seniority" status information.

November 27, 2014
Quick Reply