just a quick question

4:51 p.m. on October 30, 2007 (EDT)
(Guest)

I just joined and wanted to say hi to everyone. Also, I noticed that the forum runs off my screen.

Anyone else notice that?

melanie

8:52 p.m. on October 30, 2007 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,256 forum posts

What do you mean "runs off my screen"? (somehow, this conjures up an image of the entire group of lurkers and posters galloping off down the trail on a marathon run ;)

Do you mean the posts extends beyond the width of your screen, so you have to scroll the display horizontally? If so, check the resolution you have the screen set at. If you are using Windows, then in the home Windows screen, right click your mouse and select "Properties". Click the "Settings" tab at the top of the window that pops up. Then select the highest resolution your monitor can handle (the "Screen Resolution" little window). Click "OK" to accept, and do the rest of the questions to accept the new resolution. That should do it. There is a similar procedure for Macs.

If you mean it extends vertically, well, that's because some people are long-winded (who, me?) and because many topics are interesting enough that lots of people post. You just have to scroll down (the bar at the right of your screen - point the cursor at it, hold the left button down on your mouse, and drag the bar down).

July 30, 2014
Quick Reply