Private Messaging function??????

8:53 p.m. on November 21, 2008 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
391 forum posts

If, others have asked about this before, please forgive my doing so, however, I would really like a private messaging option here on Trailspace. I have often wished to contact another member to discuss issues that are not of wide interest and am curious as to why such a function is not a part of this excellent forum.

Could it be done, at least one enquiring mind wants to know!

9:37 p.m. on November 21, 2008 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
949 forum posts

You're not the only inquiring mind on that point, and private messaging is on the short list. The forum and profile enhancements that launched last month are just the first in a series of projects to enhance users' abilities to communicate on Trailspace. Without giving away too many details, here are a few things we're either working on or actively planning for:

- a visual editor for more easily formatting forum posts, gear reviews, and profile

- photo upload, storage, organization and posting abilities

- private messaging

- customizable e-mail and RSS notifications

- user-specific gear lists

Not to mention some boring and largely invisible (but majorly important) ongoing initiatives to improve the site's overall reliability, responsiveness, and efficiency in doing all these sorts of things.

November 29, 2014
Quick Reply