Private messaging function?

12:58 a.m. on November 15, 2009 (EST)
24 reviewer rep
41 forum posts

Saw a post from about a year ago that said this was on the short list. Would be really handy. I'm relatively new, so i may have missed it. Is it here and i'm overlooking? if not, is it in the works? Thanks!

10:20 a.m. on November 15, 2009 (EST)
225 reviewer rep
1,181 forum posts

It's odd you should ask this as I tried to private message you recently about your Slickrock trip. Couldn't find a way.

3:17 p.m. on November 15, 2009 (EST)
24 reviewer rep
41 forum posts

yes, our back and forth on that forum is exactly what made me look, also unsuccessfully, for that capability. Kinda hate to over-populate forum with stuff that we could PM each other. It may be out there and i'm just missing it. Maybe this post will yield some good info.

12:55 p.m. on November 16, 2009 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
938 forum posts

Hi guys-

Private messaging is still on the to-do list, but there are a few other things that we're working on first.

-Dave

7:26 a.m. on November 17, 2009 (EST)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

If everyone listed an email address in their profile, then there would be no need. You could send a private message to anyone you want.

8:05 a.m. on November 17, 2009 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,995 forum posts

If everyone listed an email address in their profile, then there would be no need. You could send a private message to anyone you want.

I'll add that if you decide to list an e-mail address in your profile it will only be visible to Trailspace community members, not anyone who happens to visit the site.

1:30 p.m. on November 17, 2009 (EST)
24 reviewer rep
41 forum posts

I think that's precisely why most community websites have a PM function; so you don't have to float your email address.

Thanks for reply Dave, look forward to it, will be handy

12:19 p.m. on February 9, 2010 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

i would be very delighted to have PM option as well.

8:38 a.m. on February 23, 2010 (EST)
14 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

i would be very delighted to have PM option as well.

I will 2nd that request.

9:42 a.m. on February 23, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
938 forum posts

Thanks for speaking up, guys. Private messaging is on our development calendar, tentatively scheduled for completion in late May or early June.

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply