Thank You!

9:50 a.m. on May 26, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Just wanting to say a big thank you to all the wonderfully respectful Trailspace members for making this a pleasant place to be, and to Alicia and the Trailspace staff for encouraging and keeping it that way.

I just took a little "stroll" through a couple threads on some other outdoor forums, and it reminded me what a great community we've got here.

So, thanks everyone!

1:08 p.m. on May 26, 2010 (EDT)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

1:20 p.m. on May 26, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,157 forum posts

Thanks, Gonzan. That was a really nice thing to say and I know we all appreciate it.

It really is the positive, civil, friendly members who help set the tone.

1:45 p.m. on May 26, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

You're welcome Alicia :)

Whenever I go visit other forums I am just appalled at how rude, combative, and obnoxious so many posts can be. So I thought some thanks to everyone who makes Trailspace different were in order.

2:51 p.m. on May 26, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,504 forum posts

You're welcome Alicia :)

Whenever I go visit other forums I am just appalled at how rude, combative, and obnoxious so many posts can be. So I thought some thanks to everyone who makes Trailspace different were in order.

Here here!

I seem to abrade people occasionally, it's not intentional by any means, and I appreciate how the members here can offer an opposing view or argument in a mature manner and communicate effectively without stooping to childish behavior.

I too am frustrated with the behavior at some other forums, who would want to go camping with that?

5:33 p.m. on May 26, 2010 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,407 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

I consider myself blessed to have come to this community first, so I have not needed/desired to explore other places. Sounds to me like Gonzan stumbled on some forums that could start a new segment on Jerry Springer. "Here Here" to Gonzan's post! Fill yer Nalgenes with Champagne! A toast to Trailspace!

5:52 p.m. on May 26, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
263 forum posts

I am old, my hiking gear is old. I mostly day hike now. (Oh shudder the thought.) I still wear fleece and some cotton. (An abomination in most hiking circles.)

I have a hiking group of "old folkers"

But, I still like to get out to hike and we have some good laughs.

Thanks for the site/forum and I will try and contribute my weird sense of humor if nothing else.

12:37 p.m. on May 27, 2010 (EDT)
25 reviewer rep
67 forum posts

XterroBrando said: I consider myself blessed to have come to this community first, so I have not needed/desired to explore other places

This was my first venture into blogs...post...on line sharing. I tend to be a private person and commune with nature with my 3 pups, since I have started visiting this site I have realized there is a whole new batch of friends to make and meet, my job tends to keep me from making too many friends except the ones I work with and the trails I can most frequent are packed with rude egotistical environmentally unfriendly folks who take the parks as a given and assume someone is paid to pick up and clean up after them, I am referring to the Washington DC area. So thanks to all my new friends and Hi to the ones I have yet to meet and welcome to our community! We should think about having a "Trek-In" somewhere a gathering of the community at some park be it backpack in or car camp...just a thought RR

4:07 p.m. on May 27, 2010 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,407 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

"Trek-In"...great idea RR!

2:23 a.m. on May 28, 2010 (EDT)
25 reviewer rep
67 forum posts

ALL in favor of a trek-in say I!!!!

lets make this happen folks!!!

November 22, 2014
Quick Reply