Delete accidental "double" posts

7:05 p.m. on October 13, 2010 (EDT)
75 reviewer rep
306 forum posts

I have run into the problem several times where my post had been doubled. I was just thinking that when using the "Edit" feature it would be nice if someone could delete their own message during the time allowed for the Edit feature.

11:43 a.m. on October 14, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

That would be great, I have had the same thing happen

12:40 p.m. on October 14, 2010 (EDT)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

Any time you have a double post, feel free to contact me or one of the other moderators (My email address is in my profile) and we'll take care of it. It would, indeed, be nice to be able to delete you own posts but, sadly, it would also allow some people to post what ever they want (nice or not) and then, when it gets hot in forum land, just delete the original post like it never existed. The vast majority of people would not do this, and we know it. It just gives an extra level of security.

12:45 p.m. on October 14, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,013 forum posts

I think it's a good suggestion and worth considering.

FYI, If one of our able moderators hasn't already done so, I delete any double posts on a daily basis.

So, they'll go away anyway, but I know posters would like them to be gone immediately and not have to worry about them.

10:02 p.m. on October 14, 2010 (EDT)
14 reviewer rep
318 forum posts

I just edit the post. Remove everything in it and request it be deleted. The moderators catch it pretty fast.

9:43 a.m. on October 15, 2010 (EDT)
75 reviewer rep
306 forum posts

Thanks f-klock and Alicia! I guess if worse comes to worse, I can leave a double post and only look silly for [hopefully] no more than a day :)

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply