Need your help locating product

9:54 a.m. on December 2, 2011 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,240 forum posts

does anyone know a source where I can locate new valves for a collapsible water bag?

this link shows a similar bag that I have, I'm looking for the valve shown in the top photo

http://www.moonbowgear.com/1trailgear/5Accesories/waterbags/waterbags.html

greatly appreciate any leads - "moonbowgear" apparently is hard to contact.

Campmor used to sell a version of this bag with replaceable caps for ~$3.00.

2:09 p.m. on December 2, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,083 forum posts

The valve on the bladder of boxed wine may fit.  I've used the mylar bladders as water containers in the past.

2:20 p.m. on December 2, 2011 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,240 forum posts

hey thanks! 

I'll look in to that.  I would like to have a valve and not just a cap.

Here's an interesting thread about using the liner from a Dunkin Donuts coffee box:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?78242-Water-Bladder-from-Dunkin-Donuts-Box-O-Joe

I have discovered that these bags were sold under the "Stearns Outdoors" brand.

Unfortunately, Coleman is closed on Fridays.

9:16 p.m. on December 2, 2011 (EST)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

Ed, I assume you meant the valve at the bottom of the linked image; the top of the bag is the strap used to hang the bag.

REI had these, when I visited last month.

Ed

4:35 p.m. on December 4, 2011 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,445 reviewer rep
5,392 forum posts

The bags used by TreeTime Apple Juice are pretty much the same. Although you can get really cheap rotgut wine, dump the "wine", and have a replacement bag (mylar at that) for less than the cost of a replacement liner bag by itself. I have collected about a dozen of the liners since the valves wear out after a while of taking them off to refill the contents.

7:40 a.m. on December 5, 2011 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,240 forum posts

Thanks, but I'm not looking for a baldder - I'm looking for replacement caps

1:10 p.m. on December 5, 2011 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,240 forum posts

Just got off ton-line chat with REI, showed them a photo of what I'm looking  for, but they claim they never sold it.

e

1:24 p.m. on December 5, 2011 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,445 reviewer rep
5,392 forum posts

Hmmm ... Since I have one myself that I got from REI, I suspect you ran into the all-too-frequent REI problem of getting a rep who has been with REI less than a couple years and doesn't know squat about what they used to carry or how anything works.

Anyway, I know you are looking for caps. However, I do know that the caps on the boxed apple juice and the boxed wine fit my original hanging water bag. So I suspect they will fit yours. And I suspect the price wouldn't be all that different, if you could find the valve caps sold separately. And, the bladder itself is about the same size.

3:20 p.m. on December 5, 2011 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,240 forum posts

Bill, anyway you can post a photo of the bag you got from REI and perhaps any info attched or printed on it?

4:11 p.m. on December 6, 2011 (EST)
255 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

alan said:

The valve on the bladder of boxed wine may fit.  I've used the mylar bladders as water containers in the past.

Might flavor the water quite nicely

7:42 a.m. on December 7, 2011 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,240 forum posts

be a mighty interesting flavor - the water I haul to camp is from a sulphur water spring

December 20, 2014
Quick Reply