Leki customer service

7:57 a.m. on December 5, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Jason Phelps

We seldom see praise for customer service these days so here it goes:

I have a pair of Leki poles I bought 3 years ago for $125, which I thought was outrageous but I knew I wanted the angled cork grips, antishock, etc...

Well, the top pole section finally broke in a fall, after being dented a couple years back. I emailed Leki and the next morning they had responded, asking for my shipping address. They sent me a new top section and it came in 4 days! No BS, no receipt or proof of purchase, no "did you take care of them properly?"

Just thought you might like to know where some of that money went... a REAL guarantee!

(No I don't work for them...)

10:22 p.m. on December 6, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

Leki had a booth at Trail Days in Damascus, Va this year. It was fixing Leki sticks for free. In fact, it wasn't turning away hikers who came by with a competitor's sticks. I was pleased and so were alot of other AT hikers. The barrels of the sticks can become oxidized after exposure to wet weather and then not properly dried. Once the oxidation builds up, the sticks become more difficult to twist lock. Leki advises to use a gun brush to clean the inside of the barrels. I used a brush designed for a 10-gauge shotgun. It did the trick. A 12-gauge brush would probably work too.

We seldom see praise for customer service these days so here it goes:

Quote:

I have a pair of Leki poles I bought 3 years ago for $125, which I thought was outrageous but I knew I wanted the angled cork grips, antishock, etc...

Well, the top pole section finally broke in a fall, after being dented a couple years back. I emailed Leki and the next morning they had responded, asking for my shipping address. They sent me a new top section and it came in 4 days! No BS, no receipt or proof of purchase, no "did you take care of them properly?"

Just thought you might like to know where some of that money went... a REAL guarantee!

(No I don't work for them...)

October 24, 2014
Quick Reply