RE:HERMAN SURVIVORS

7:21 p.m. on October 30, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

I BOUGHT A PAIR OF HERMAN SURVIVOR BOOTS WHILE IN THE MILITARY IN 1985, WHILE IN EUROPE. THE LETATHER ON THE LEFT BOOT IS CRACKING. EVENTHOUGH I KEEP THEM MINK OILED AND POLISHED. MY QUESTION IS. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN GET MY HAND ON ANOTHER PAIR OF BOOTS LIKE THIS. THEY ARE INSULATED AND LOOK LIKE A NORMAL PAIR OF WRK BOOTS EXCEPT IN BASIC MILITARY BLACK. I CAN NOT FIND AN ADDRESS TO WRITE OR CALL HERMAN DIRECTLY TO LOCATE A PAIR OF THESE. ANY HELP WOULD BE THANKFUL. THANKS KERRY

9:35 p.m. on October 30, 2002 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
952 forum posts

I've never been able to track down any contact info for whoever manufactures the Herman boots, but if you do a Google search for "Herman Survivors" you'll find a few places that sell them online.

11:36 p.m. on October 30, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

The boots were made in Yugoslavia and then Poland. Herman Survivor boots are now made in China. The boots ( 8" lave up light tan with a padded collar, 200 gram thinsulate liner) are still made and last year were sold by Florsheim with a John Deere label on them. I bought a pair last year and are the same boot that I bought twice since the early 80's. Florsheim no longer has the boots and the John Deere store no longer carries them. They are a great boot and I have used them extensivly in Arizona.

9:09 p.m. on November 6, 2002 (EST)
5 reviewer rep
74 forum posts

I was over at Wal-Mart this week and saw Herman Survivor brand boots. I usupect the comapany was bought and the name is slapped on a large number of models of boots.

9:48 a.m. on December 3, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

I've never been able to track down any contact info for whoever manufactures the Herman boots, but if you do a Google search for "Herman Survivors" you'll find a few places that sell them online.

Check with wiggys he made in insulation and knows all the contact info

9:26 p.m. on December 4, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

You can find herman boots at Wal-mart stores. I just bought a pair of waterproof, survivors for $18.00 new. They are on clearance. I live in Minnesota, so i'm not sure if all Wal-mart stores nation wide carry them, or only the stores here. You should be able to check their website. Hope this will help.

4:47 p.m. on December 8, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

I am looking for a pair of Herman Survivors in 10 Wide that are like the ones I now have. They have a 1000 Denier Nylon Upper, leather lowers and SympaTex waterproof lining.

Product No. 4902174, Item No. 252432333. I bought my first pair less than 1 year ago at Wal-Mart but they can no longer order them. These are the lightest, most durable, most comfortable, 8-inch, lace up boot I have ever worn. I need another pair as my dog chewed up the ones I have.

1:45 p.m. on December 19, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Rumor has it that Herman Survivors went out of business...I don't believe it [yet]. I'm still looking for a new pair of 'wetlands' Sz 10...here's and address:

Herman Survivors, Inc.
200 Business Park Dr., Suite 100, Armonk, NY 10504
(800) 962-4007 (914) 273-4499
FAX: (914) 273-6980
Est.: 1879
President: Anthony DiPaolo
The Herman Survivors outdoor boot line has been designed to meet the quality, value and innovation that today's outdoorsmen demands. Herman Survivors waterproof collection has been expanded to meet all the expectations of today's consumer. For over 120 years Herman Survivors has been dedicated to making the absolute best product at a fair price.

2:33 p.m. on February 22, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

I BOUGHT A PAIR OF HERMAN SURVIVOR BOOTS WHILE IN THE MILITARY IN 1985, WHILE IN EUROPE. THE LETATHER ON THE LEFT BOOT IS CRACKING. EVENTHOUGH I KEEP THEM MINK OILED AND POLISHED. MY QUESTION IS. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN GET MY HAND ON ANOTHER PAIR OF BOOTS LIKE THIS. THEY ARE INSULATED AND LOOK LIKE A NORMAL PAIR OF WRK BOOTS EXCEPT IN BASIC MILITARY BLACK. I CAN NOT FIND AN ADDRESS TO WRITE OR CALL HERMAN DIRECTLY TO LOCATE A PAIR OF THESE. ANY HELP WOULD BE THANKFUL. THANKS KERRY

2:35 p.m. on February 22, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Try Harrys Army & Navy. harrys.com/BSWorkBoots.htm

No pictures, but have Survivors in black.
Good luck

3:00 p.m. on March 7, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Quote:

You can find herman boots at Wal-mart stores. I just bought a pair of waterproof, survivors for $18.00 new. They are on clearance. I live in Minnesota, so i'm not sure if all Wal-mart stores nation wide carry them, or only the stores here. You should be able to check their website. Hope this will help.

Below is a website that contain the address, phone number, email address and a short history of the company for most of the brandname hunting boots manufacturers.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/fieldstream/blacks/equipment/apparelfootwear.html

Hope this help.

1:55 p.m. on April 18, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Below is a website that contain the address, phone number, email address and a short history of the company for most of the brandname hunting boots manufacturers.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/fieldstream/blacks/equipment/apparelfootwear.html

Hope this help.

Herman
Herman Survivors, Inc.
200 Business Park Dr., Suite 100
Armonk, NY 10504
USA

Phone: (914) 273-4499

10:29 a.m. on October 21, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

I have been looking for information to order a "new" pair of Herman Survivors exactly like the one's I have. They are black leather with 2 types of speed lace. They have vibram soles and cushion padding at the top of the shaft. They are an insulated cold weather boot. I paid $72 for them in Jan 86 and have worn them since then in uniform. They are, hands down, the best pair of footwear I've invested in! How can I contact Herman Survivors to confirm if they still make them?

December 26, 2014
Quick Reply