About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Eureka Alpine Meadows (1987 Version)

3:09 p.m. on June 14, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

After 16 years of use, the tent fly has finally failed.
I am looking for information on how to reach the manufacturer, and see what are the possiblities for getting a new fly. Any suggestions?
The tent was distributed in Canada by "Johnson Diversified Canada Inc" of Burlington

5:28 p.m. on June 14, 2004 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,264 reviewer rep
5,188 forum posts
Johnson Worldwide

Byron -

Eureka is part of Johnson Worldwide, which also owns such names as Oldtown canoes and distributes compasses in North America under the Silva name (but actually made by Suunto, and not Silva of Sweden). Check their website www.jwa.com or the Canadian phone number 905-634-0023

5:56 p.m. on June 14, 2004 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
924 forum posts
web site

Welcome to Trailspace, Byron.

Eureka Canada has a web site at http://www.eurekatentscanada.com/ -- it doesn't have much "support" type info, but according to their FAQ page:

"Can I get replacement parts? Yes, we would be glad to help you with this. Please phone us for replacement parts at 905-634-0023 or fax 905-634-0261"

12:59 p.m. on June 15, 2004 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,074 forum posts

Quote:

After 16 years of use, the tent fly has finally failed.
I am looking for information on how to reach the manufacturer, and see what are the possiblities for getting a new fly. Any suggestions?
The tent was distributed in Canada by "Johnson Diversified Canada Inc" of Burlington

Good luck. I have a 4 person alpine meadows and think it is a wonderful tent, especially for canoe trips. It's a bit heavy, but just as stormproof as many tents costing twice as much.

11:46 a.m. on July 16, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

As suggested I contacted "www.jwa.com", made contact with the parts group and picked up a replacement fly for my tent on 2004 July 14th in Burlington - now we are good for another 16 years !

3:40 a.m. on August 11, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

Cool. We have used our 15-or-so-year-old 4-man Alpine Meadows twice this year car camping (getting feeble) and it still withstood the crappy weather admirably.

Do you mind if I ask what the fly cost?

I like the expanded interior room offered by the midsection pole. And I can almost stand up in it to put my pants on, unlike our 2-man timberline....:)

Michael

April 23, 2014
Quick Reply