Tent leaks water fromt the floor

7:58 p.m. on August 7, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I have a Eureka Headquarter 3 season tent which I have had for 3 years. I use it about 15-20 days a year. The first two years I was lucky and had no rain. The end of last year it rained and in the morning there was water on the floor. The next spring I sealed the seams and took it out this spring camping. It rained and the floor was soaked the next morning. I set the tent up at home and waited for a heavy rain and stood inside. No rain was coming in from the seams but it seemed that the water was seeping through the floor. I use a tarp for the outside bottom of the tent. Any ideas what I can do or is this tent garbage now. I bought a Eureka because they are suppose to be good tents, I thought. Any help would really be appreciated.

7:10 p.m. on August 12, 2006 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. chris carlos, christopher, christopher carlos, cj cua

have you tried waterproofing the floors?

4:25 p.m. on August 13, 2006 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
951 forum posts

The floor may need to be re-waterproofed if it's been heavily used. But the bigger question to my mind is how is the water getting under the tent in the first place?

When you put the tarp under your tent, make sure to fold any exposed edges back so that the tarp is entirely under the tent. If you leave it sticking out, the tarp will just catch rainwater and funnel it between the tarp and tent floor.

December 17, 2014
Quick Reply