Jansport External Frame Packs

3:32 p.m. on June 25, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

I have several older Jansport external frame backpacks from the mid-late 70's; I like them over my newer internal frame pack for heavier loads. I'm trying to find out what models that I own. I know that I have some D3/D5 models, but not sure which. I also have some Cascade models. Does anyone have any info on how I can tell what I have.

4:10 p.m. on June 25, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

Welcome to Trailspace jim-c

Some of the members here have some older catalogs that should be able to help you. Also have you looked in the gear reviews here at trailspace?

2:21 p.m. on June 26, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

I have looked into some of the old reviews, and gotten some info. I originally logged into Trailspace when I was looking for replacement parts for an old Jansport pack. I ended up buying a few, and I just trying to figure out what I have.

3:34 p.m. on June 26, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

Have you tried calling Jansport customer service.

7:44 p.m. on June 28, 2009 (EDT)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

You could try asking them...

http://www.jansport.com/js_contactus.php

2:48 p.m. on June 29, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,083 forum posts

Post photos, they may be easily id'd from pictures.

3:26 p.m. on June 30, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

I contacted Jansport a while back; they didn't seem to have any desire to discuss it. I got a contact from a guy name Bruce at Oregon Photos; Bruce seems to have a great deal of knowledge and info about older gear. He's published a couple of books (Gerry and Frostline), and working on one on Holubar.

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply