Sent my sleeping bag to Golite

4:57 p.m. on February 24, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

In mid January I sent my Golite sleeping bag to have a tear repaired. They still have it glad I sent in winter when I do the least hiking. They have not finished with it yet and I write to them asking about it once a week. They seem very busy. I had tried repairing the rip (next to the zipper) many times but it kept coming open again. Its a down bag rated to 20 degree's and weighs 1.4 lbs.  Lightest bag I have ever had for the temp rating.

7:04 p.m. on February 24, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

Gary do you have another bag to use while it take's forever to repair your go lite? I cant believe it's almost 2 month's that you sent it. No answer from them or their just ducking their heads in the sand?

7:14 p.m. on February 24, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

Yeah Gary that seems like unusually long repair time. I had a problem with my Gamut Jacket and they had a new one to me in less than a week. I would expect a repair to take longer, but 8 weeks? What's their explanation? Did you explain to them that your bag is your lifeline? I know you say you're less active in the Winter, but that really forces you to be. Sorry to hear it.

10:14 p.m. on February 24, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

This is what they tell me every week when I send them a email asking what is happening with my bag. Quoted from Golites consumer contact Sales and Service Rep:

"Yes, your bag is still in repair.
I am sorry for the lengthy repair process, but things have been backed-up at our repair shop lately.

Hopefully I will get it back from the shop this afternoon when I do the pick-up run."

Thanks so much for your patience Gary.

Have a great day!

Barbara Koehl
Sales and Service Rep & Marketing Intern

303 / 339-2407 direct   
888 / 5-GOLITE toll free

6325 Gunpark Drive Ste 102  
Boulder , CO 80301"

They have replied back to same answer for the last 5 weeks. I gave them a two-three week time period when I first sent it before contacted them. Now I write every Monday/Tuesday about it. I am about to loose my patience tho there seems to be little I can do about it?

I have tried calling the numbers given at the end of Barbara's replies but never talk to anything but her answering machine.

I bought another sleeping bag used from another Trailspace member just before I sent my Golite bag off for repair.

10:59 p.m. on February 24, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

Gary I am glad you have another bag..i haven't had an issue like this but for a watch I purchased and the manufacturer had to do repairs..But this seems kind of excessive to me personally...I am glad your taking it in stride though..Marmot Does the same but they do call you back PCT. Which the representative helped me a great deal with questions..

11:39 p.m. on February 24, 2011 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
207 forum posts

Gary, I would to go around the person you are working with now through customer service or someting. It just might help if you can elevate your request for help a little.

8:32 a.m. on February 25, 2011 (EST)
102 reviewer rep
2,276 forum posts

Gary

Send Barbara a link to this thread, suggesting a mutually satisfying and timely conclusion - or not- will reflect accordingly on her company's reputation. 

Ed

8:45 a.m. on February 25, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

Gary

Send Barbara a link to this thread, suggesting a mutually satisfying and timely conclusion - or not- will reflect accordingly on her company's reputation. 

Ed

I just read the Header the the person replying to Gary is a marketing and sales Intern- Meaning they may not know whats truly happening to the bag. Could be a college student just trying to fluff the their resume.I am with whomeworry.. I would send the link...

10:27 a.m. on February 25, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

I sent a link to this post to Barbara. I just tried calling Golites toll free number of 888-546-5483 (888-5GOLITE) and when I pressed 2 for customer service I was told there was no one to answer because everyone was out sick?

I just called  Barbara and she said she is the only person in customer service and she has been the one sick. So they seem to have but one customer service person. I asked her for the number of the repair dept, which seems to be another company completely. I am going to call them and find out whats going on.

Okay I called the repair company for Golite and after 10 rings got an automated message saying their message box was full and to try again later.

I wish now I had found a local seamstress to do the work. I may never see my sleeping bag again.

I had this happen once before with a pair of hiking boots I had sent in for repair during the winter while living in Jackson Hole back in the 90s. I asked every week about my boots till finally they had been returned 8 weeks later with a note saying they sent them back because no one had time to repair them and they figured I might want them back. Like I could use them unrepaired? They needed new soles. I ended up taking them to a local boot repair shop. I had sent them in to the company cause they were under warrenty and they should have been repaired free.

And with Golite, they are one of these companys that sells new products every year but never seems to have the products they sold in the past. I guess they could not just send me a replacement from their inventory for a new bag?

5:29 p.m. on February 25, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

Gary, I will find my old email conversations with Golite. It was not Barbara, but someone else who was very responsive. I'll see if i can find their information and fwd it to you. So sorry. Disheartening as I'm an avid fan of their products.

7:18 p.m. on February 25, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

Yes, I am too a fan of Golite. I have used their stuff since the late 90s. I just wrote another email to Barbara and told her that if my bag was not repaired by the end of the month, to send it back so I can get someone local to repair it for me. I sent it in January figuring it would be back by my first camp trip. But I am going camping this weekend and I don't have it.

10:10 p.m. on February 25, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

I don't know Gary,

I don't like the dismissive "Have a great day!". Why would someone suggest you should have a 'great day' when you are annoyed at the situation?

A sales and service rep is the person representing the company, as such one can't make excuses, or place blame, or stall, it is their job to make the customer satisfied in order to keep their business and to build a positive company reputation.

An explanation followed by a resolution is okay, but 'keep waiting' is not satisfactory to most people if they were not advised of a lengthy wait time up front.

I would certainly try to talk to someone closer to the top of the company.

7:29 a.m. on February 26, 2011 (EST)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

I was thinking of buying some golite stuff this year. I think I'll pass now.

10:35 a.m. on February 26, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

The gear is good, just don't send it in for repair! I have used Golite since 1999.I have had two of thier tents,the Hex 3 and the Den. I have had my sleeping bag since 2003, its a goosedown bag weighs 1.4 lbs and is rated to 20 degrees. I have had two of thier packs the Gust and I own the Infinity now that I just bought used from another Trailspace member. The Gust is a large superlight pack weighing less than a pound and the Infinity weighs about 3 lbs at the most.

I ended up not camping this weekend as I was supposed to ride to Tucson with someone else and they didn't go. I am home.

I have decided that bag I bought from you Mike is too narrow as I think you had mentioned when I bought it. Its too tight around the shoulders, with no room toget may hands to unzip it when inside.

My Golite bag thats in the shop is wide at the shoulders and very roomy. And its zipper runs down the chest to the waist so it pulls on instead of having a full length side zipper. I really like it and hope to see it back fixed or not ASAP.

I tried asking for someone higher inauthority but Barbara told me there was no one to talk to. I have tried calling their 800 number but it still only gets me to Barbara.  And I don't know whats up with the repairs phone they are always too busy to answer and the answering machine says their box is full.

12:53 p.m. on February 26, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

Gary I had to pop into the office real quick...Try these two names on the 1888 number for extensions...Dana Donley Morton Director of marketing or KIM Coupounas co owner of golite..I got them from a January press release 2010.. Doesn't hurt to try...

1:05 p.m. on February 26, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

One more name to try MR Todd Poseley Director of sales...I looked up the companies compunsation..Thats where his name came from...

1:19 p.m. on February 26, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

I would need their extension numbers as I do not text fast enough to put in their names.

1:36 p.m. on February 26, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

I couldn't find extensions but they list a direct company number 303 546-6000 and the Fax number is 303 546-6557 I would fax a letter addressed to the marketing and sales Directors..Put ATTN: To them and  their positions and explain what has transpired.The customer service is under their guidance...

I hope this helps and gets your bag back quicker for you...

8:01 p.m. on February 27, 2011 (EST)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

Hate to say it but this does not give Golite a good customer service rating.This alone would make me shy away from them.Only my opinion but I have not been overly impressed with their products.I do know many like them and remember this is only my view.A big part of what appeals to me about a company is how I am treated after the sale.

6:02 a.m. on February 28, 2011 (EST)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

I have had little problems with my gear. But the two times I did it was resolved very fast. TNF replaced my rainfly for free, took two weeks. And even Coghlan ( the maker of those inexpencive add ons, on the hooks, at big department stores) treated me better than Golite is treating you. They repaced a faulty filter within a week! This is a BIG strike agaist Golite.

10:07 a.m. on February 28, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

Yes North Face has always treated me great. In 1980 when I was living in Yosemite hiking the winter from Jan to May a big snowstorm came thru and dumped 4 feet in one night,my VE24 poles and rainfly were destroyed and TNF replaced them in less than a few days being they were just over on the coast. Then also in 1996 after using a pair of TNF goretex rainpants for nearly 10 years they replaced them when the pants began leaking.

6:41 p.m. on February 28, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

Sorry for all the problems your going through with your bag Gary. Are they sending it back Asap?

7:12 a.m. on March 1, 2011 (EST)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

Gary

Ed

Hmm, with all the members who read the posts here, regularly, I'd say it already has.

10:10 a.m. on March 1, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

I emailed them and called them (barbara) and have not heard back, I hope so. I have found quite a few places here that will fix it. I sent it off figuring that Golite would do it under warrenty, just didnt think it woud take 7 weeks.

10:15 a.m. on March 1, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

Gary

Ed

Hmm, with all the members who read the posts here, regularly, I'd say it already has.

F_klock I believe the same as Gary they have good gear and are very reputable in that aspect and I am sure you feel the same way. Am I hessitent because of the customer service? Maybe but all maufacturer's have a weakness and can work on it if pointed out. I checked with a competitor and they said. " when you have an issue with our gear and it malfunctions the repair and replacement is on a case by case basis". Meaning each item is different based on situation. So I don't know if they outsource their repairs they didn't tell me but now I presume that.

3:09 p.m. on March 1, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

This is the letter I jusr got from Golite, I traid calling them this morning but got an answering machine, I told them I had called before and then I also emailed them 2 times before they responded:

Hi there,

I’m sorry about the delayed response.

I just spoke with our repair shop and you bag will be picked up tomorrow and shipped back to you to have repaired locally.

Again, I am sorry for all of the trouble you have had. I hope you are having a great Tuesday!

Cheers!

Barbara Koehl

Those last two lines were not needed. Why would I be having a great Tuesday if my bag is being returned after 7 weeks unrepaired?

3:23 p.m. on March 1, 2011 (EST)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

WOW that sucks! And golite should be blasted for their poor customer service. They lost a sale this week. There are other companies that have just as good stuff that will treat you better than this.

This is as bad as a PO money order lost in the mail.

3:30 p.m. on March 1, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

Yes the postal service and Golite are lousy at times. Hope you hear from them soon Mike.

6:20 p.m. on March 1, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

Terrible news. so sorry Gary. I've had nothing but great experience with them on all levels, but this is unacceptable.

12:06 p.m. on March 2, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

Recieved this today after I wrote to Golite about my disliking what they did'nt do for my bag repair:

Good morning,

I’m sorry for your frustration with this whole process.

We do not do our repairs in house so it is not up to us when they are completed.

We will overnight the bag to you at no cost on Thursday when we pick it up from our shop.

I have also created a special coupon code for $100 off an order (plus free shipping).

Have a good one!

Barbara Koehl

Golite

I am glad they resolved to make it up to me.

12:09 p.m. on March 2, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hello Gary, my name is Brenda and I currently work for GoLite in the Customer Service department. I am really sorry to hear that it has taken so long to get your bag repaired. We do not do our repairs in house so unfortunately, it is out of our hands for how long repairs take. The repair shop we use has an excellent reputation for the quality of work they do, but we are not their only clients so we can't always guarantee how quickly things will be done. On average a repair should only take 3-4 weeks so your situation is extreme and rare.

We have spoken with the repair shop about your bag and have been told we can pick it up tomorrow. We will be shipping it to you via UPS NEXT DAY so you will have it back on Friday. Barbara will also be emailing you a coupon code to get $100 to spend on our website to make up for the inconvenience we have caused you. We hope that this is a satisfactory solution and that you will consider purchasing from GoLite in the future.

12:53 p.m. on March 2, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

Thanks Brenda!

9:05 p.m. on March 2, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

Glad to hear that everything worked out, Gary. Brenda was my customer service rep who took such good care of me when my jacket had an issue. I couldn't recall her name until I saw it above and I couldn't find my old emails from her. Enjoy that $100. You earned it with your patience and class.

MikeMorrow if you were eyeing their products, then re-consider. I've had nothing but fantastic experience with both their products AND their service.

10:00 p.m. on March 2, 2011 (EST)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

I'll try to keep an open mind. But this did taint my thinking of Golite.

So Gary will get his unrepaired 20 degree down bag back on Friday. And gets $100 dollars off a new 20 degree down bag that cost $300. Sounds to me like this is a win win situation for GoLite.

I'm sorry but this sounds like a real bad deal. If I get treated that poorly buy a company, or a person, I certainly wouldnt buy something from them again.

So much for keeping an open mind.

10:32 p.m. on March 2, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

I plan to spend the $100 on some tent stakes and a pair of zipoff pants spending basically the amount of money given and the free shipping.

8:29 a.m. on March 3, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

Gary Someone told me Golite has a sale going on till Early March...They gave me this coupon code DSW10..See what you can get with that and if it applies..

8:33 a.m. on March 3, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

It's 40% off..just tried it...

10:24 a.m. on March 3, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

Cool, Thanks.

I copy and pasted it into an email to myself as a reminder.

Any Idea when the sale starts?

1:16 p.m. on March 3, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

From what my friend said it's happening now! Also if you can call I believe you can findout when their haveing their warehouse sale. That coupons active now you can use it anytime.

2:00 p.m. on March 3, 2011 (EST)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

You know guys, I'm really kinda pissed off by all of this. My feeling that if this was a Northpole or another "lower end" manifacturer. We would hear "you get what you pay for" But becouse this is GoLite, all is good. I started a new thread so I will leave this one alone . sorry for my rant.

7:14 a.m. on March 4, 2011 (EST)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Gary, I'm happy if you are happy. Its been a rough start to this year. Starting out with that lost mail to you. Then a Mountainsmith backpack cover got lost in the mail.......To me having to bail out of a trip becouse of a wet tent. I guess I just let it all build up, then it came pouring out.

11:27 a.m. on March 4, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

Well,I think all I am going to get from Golite for the $100 is a pair of zipoff pants and some sturdy tent stakes. And still have to get my sleeping bag fixed after almost two months in the shop. I will have to wait till May to get the tent stakes as they are out of stock.

4:47 p.m. on March 4, 2011 (EST)
171 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

it sounds to me like the bag was ready and repaired in the post from Brenda is it the case? If it is it doesn,t sound too bad.  

5:12 p.m. on March 4, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

Gary are you signed up on Golite's sote for special discounts and offers thru email? I would suggest you do..They had a special this morning clearnece sale today...Seems that forgot about the codes for abit and people I know couple of Jam packs for 30 bucks. Their supposed to have another next week around Monday or Tuesday. So sign up and see if anything you would be interested in pop's up...

6:17 p.m. on March 4, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

I will see when it comes back, I hope it is.

6:57 p.m. on March 4, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

Sorry you're having a rough time Mikemorrow. I hope you get another chance to hit the trails for an epic adventure real soon. I get the same way when I can't connect with mother nature. Have a good weekend everyone!

7:21 p.m. on March 4, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

Igot my bag back today and nope they didn't sew up the tear.  I will have to find a local sewing shop.

4:10 p.m. on March 7, 2011 (EST)
171 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

Man that aint cool. I hope you can find a good local shop that wont be too expensive.

4:54 p.m. on March 7, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

I found a local outdoor shop where I took it this morning, they are going to call me back when they decide how much it will cost to repair. I love the sleeping bag as it is good to 20 degree's, is down and only weighs 1 lb 4 oz  I have been using it for about 10 years.

This is what I ended up ordering with my $100 coupon. The pack's price is $90
Golite-DayPack-ordered.jpg

VO₂₄

orangedot.gif

1 lb 5 oz. | 610 g

Volume: 1281 in3 | 21 liters

11:41 a.m. on March 8, 2011 (EST)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

What was their reasoning for not fixing the bag, Gary?

12:52 p.m. on March 8, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

They send all their repairs to a local repair shop in Boulder CO where Golite is located. I had sent the bag in on the 13th of January and got it back last Friday after they still had not repaired it. I called or emailed every week on Mondays and everytime the Rep would say they went to pick up repairs and my bag was not ready yet, after 7 weeks I finally told them to send it back so I could get it done myself. Spring is in the air and I want to get out soon to camp and did'nt want to wait any longer.

4:18 p.m. on March 8, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

Go lites haveing their winter clearence right now on line...I got the email..

4:23 p.m. on March 8, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

Yes but I have already used my $100 off coupon and free shipping.

7:28 p.m. on March 16, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

Had my sleeping bag repaired locally for $20 got it back this afternoon!

Now I am prepaired for this years camping around the volcano craters. The youngest one is 900 years old, the oldest is about 250,000 years old. The second youngest is 71,000 years old.

7:58 p.m. on March 16, 2011 (EDT)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Glad you got it back. And at a good price. Have a great summer, save some money, and come out to Oregon next year.

8:25 p.m. on March 16, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Good deal Gary. By the way how is that bag doing for ya? I'm currently looking into a daypack and from what I see in the pic on here it looks like a solid option.

11:29 a.m. on March 17, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

I like it it weighs very little like 4 oz and has room for my laptop, or a weeks laundry, have'nt used it yet for a dayhike. It has lots of pockets, two deep water bottle ones on the sides, a water bladder pocket inside the back with a loop on both the right and left shoulder straps for the water hose, cinch down cords on the back  Has a removeable waist belt. I got the large which only comes in green which is good, I like earth colors.

My sleeping bag weighs 1.4 lbs is rated to 20 and compresses (goose down) to the size of a soccer ball meaning I can pack it on a dayhike and have the option to stay out overnight.

5:18 p.m. on March 17, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I am lookin a few(MH, BD, blah blah blah.) There are alot of choices out there. I will definitely be looking into Golite a bit more. Thanks for the input Gary.

12:33 a.m. on March 18, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

I am lookin a few(MH, BD, blah blah blah.) There are alot of choices out there. I will definitely be looking into Golite a bit more. Thanks for the input Gary.

Rick use that code I left it's still good on the site and save some money and they have great products....

8:22 a.m. on March 18, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Much appreciated Denis. Thank You.

12:34 a.m. on April 1, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Hmmm ....

Think I'll cross GoLite off my go-to list.

This (Gary's experience) is where mags like "Backpacker" don't do us (in the hiking / camping community) a good service.

They're all too eager to tout something that is the newest, lightest, greatest thing since sliced bread ... but, don't provide the 'inside dope'.

As Paul Harvey used to say ...  "And now you now the REST of the story".

Amen, 'Bro's.

r2

1:46 a.m. on April 1, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

Did you read the entire thread? Golite dropped the ball to be sure, which is a rarity from what I understand. They also did a lot to rectify the problem and now Gary also has a great daypack as compensation. Despite Gary's suffering, he's still a big fan.

I've had nothing but fantastic service from Golite. The products I own have all been top notch in design and build. The one time I did have a problem with a product, Golite exceeded my expectations in customer service.

The reality is that businesses are run by humans, and all humans make mistakes. If the company displays a consistent, pervasive pattern of apathy towards  customers' needs, then I'm considering crossing them off. 

7:19 a.m. on April 1, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Gary's experience was probably unique, and he had the patience of Job ... something I lack.

I've "paid my dues", in this world.   No apologies.

... Now, if I can somehow reach those editors at Backpacking magazine ....

That 'wookie', Dorn, spends too much of their budget engaging in hiking.   He needs to get back behind the desk more often.

r2

1:30 p.m. on April 1, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

B4 this I had never sent anything in for repair to Golite. And I love this free daypack they sent me for the free $100 coupon.

3:40 p.m. on April 1, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

B4 this I had never sent anything in for repair to Golite. And I love this free daypack they sent me for the free $100 coupon.

Gary I am with you. They made up for their mistake and your happy and they have great gear.Your old post's about their gear made me purchase some...Made me look in other directions...

5:16 p.m. on April 1, 2011 (EDT)
4 reviewer rep
54 forum posts

sorry to hear of your troubles Gary.

It's never good to hear "our repair shop is very backed up" 

5:29 p.m. on April 2, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

I know several people who have 'written off' hiking and camping because they had a bad experience at one time and judge by that one experience.

Likewise I try to be hesitant to judge a company in the same way, I'm glad to hear Gary got a free daypack.

Sometimes a lack of communication is worse than the actual problem.

1:08 a.m. on April 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Hey All,

Been biting my tounge (fingers) on this one for a while just to see what peopel have to say.  One of the things I look at in a quality high, high priced Item like the one's we are discussing here is warranty.  When I spend say $200 on upwards of thousands of $ for some equiptment, I expect the manufacture to hounor their Warranty.  Has anyone ever wondered what a lifetime warranty means, my life time, the lifetime of the company, the life time of the item?  I had a old expedition quality Marmot sleeping bag that at the time was about 15 yrs old.  I hit a deer on my bike (motorcycle). As all of the gear was bungied on the back it was blown off buy the force of impact.  The entire grouping of gear lifted off of the bike but the bungies held and came back down into the rear wheel.  Well, the Marmot took the brunt of the battle and there was 775 fill every where.  Looked like Christmas in july.  As this was a left hand zip bag and a mate to my right hand zip bag I mailed it to them and asked if there was any way they could fix it at my cost.  Ten days later I got a package from them without even a phone call.  I thought wow, they didn't even charge me to fix the bag.  When I opened the box They had sent me a brand me a nes Dry-loft bag at no charge that was one grade nicer that the one I sent them.  Now that's warrany service.  They won me for life.  I lived Boulder for 12 years and am concerned that a company as "high quality" as Golite can't even find someone to fix a sleeping bag that was sold by them with their name attached to it.  I know that I could, over the phone find someone to fix a bag and mail it to them from Seattle and have them send it back.  Dosen't inspire my confidence in a company when I'm out there looking for equiptment spending lots of $. Gary,  you stated they said ""Yes, your bag is still in repair".  What that means to me is you bag is being repaired.  It's not like this slipped thru the cracks.  If I recall you said they only have one person who handles warranty problems.  I'm glad that they sent a $100 gift card to you  but in fact they still did not live up to their obligation and in fact tried to blow it of by giving you a gift card.  I know that I won't buy anything from them.  I might buy their stuff used (at my own risk) at a large discount, but for sure will not support a company that won't honour their warrenty.  It's interesting that some people think that they made up for this by send back a torn bag and a gift card. Seems to me they should have fixed your bag and compesated you for your lost time and the hassel you incurred for trying to get what they promised you in the first place.  Now I'm not sure if this was a warranty issue or just a repair issue that they said that they would repair.   "whew glad I got that out of my system". Just my two cents.  In the end I'm glad your happy and feel you've been taken care of.

7:45 p.m. on April 20, 2011 (EDT)
130 reviewer rep
130 forum posts

What a thread! Just a suggestion for the future. If you want fast service from a manufacturer or retailer, complain on Facebook or Twitter. That really lights a fire under them!

3:35 p.m. on April 22, 2011 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

I too feel as humans we make mistakes but one that continues for this many weeks and so many contacts,from the bag owner, goes way beyond "a mistake".You only have one chance at a first impression.This incident has failed to impress me about Golite.

July 26, 2014
Quick Reply