Merrell +1

4:49 p.m. on September 30, 2011 (EDT)
14 reviewer rep
204 forum posts

So after talking about boots in another thread, my Moab XCR shoe strings are in bad shape, so I searched their site looking to purchase a new set.  Didn't find anything so I called them.

The person answering the phone said they will mail me a new pair out, free!!  As bad as this sounds, that kinda made my day.  I really hate some of these store-bought replacement laces and really like the ones on my shoes!

+1 for Merrell!

5:10 p.m. on September 30, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

travelnate said:

So after talking about boots in another thread, my Moab XCR shoe strings are in bad shape, so I searched their site looking to purchase a new set.  Didn't find anything so I called them.

The person answering the phone said they will mail me a new pair out, free!!  As bad as this sounds, that kinda made my day.  I really hate some of these store-bought replacement laces and really like the ones on my shoes!

+1 for Merrell!

Hey travelnate:  I would give them a call back and find out who they buy there laces from.  I find that in the life if I find that I really like something that they then figure it out and rush to stop making the item(s) and may in fact order my fav item of off the shelves.  As laces are usually not very expensive you could buy some to have in reserve.  If you buy a bunch you may get a discount.  If you buy them longer than you need you will have a lifetime supply that can be cut down and used with any boot in the future.  Just a thought.

6:19 p.m. on October 2, 2011 (EDT)
508 reviewer rep
287 forum posts

I've found that shoe repair stores seem to have the best selection of shoelaces. I use the golden colored Taslan laces for most of my outdoor boots. The laces are very durable.

Eric

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply