Microfleece full zip jacket

10:13 p.m. on October 3, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
32 forum posts

I'm looking for the lightest full zip fleece/microfleece jacket I can find - the Patagonia R1 is 12 oz - is there anything light out there?  I've found many zip t-necks in microfleece, but I'd like a jacket.

thanks!

4:11 p.m. on October 5, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,699 reviewer rep
1,297 forum posts

I have two and my wife has like 8(different colors) of the columbia 100wt fleece jackets, which are full zip or 1/4 zip depending on which style you buy. Normally cost like 50%less or more of patagonia etc, and weight wise the 1/4 zips weigh 8.5oz for an XL, not sure how much the full zip is, but i would imagine only 2-3oz more?

We bought all of these from a TJmax or marshalls i forget which, for about 9$ a pop last winter. If your not familiar with tjmax etc they get past season clothing and sell it at true clearance prices. I purchase all of my wool socks and other outdoor clothing there when i can. I check the stores on a monthly basis because they are always getting in new stuff.

5:02 p.m. on October 5, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

TheRambler said:

I have two and my wife has like 8(different colors) of the columbia 100wt fleece jackets, which are full zip or 1/4 zip depending on which style you buy. Normally cost like 50%less or more of patagonia etc, and weight wise the 1/4 zips weigh 8.5oz for an XL, not sure how much the full zip is, but i would imagine only 2-3oz more?

We bought all of these from a TJmax or marshalls i forget which, for about 9$ a pop last winter. If your not familiar with tjmax etc they get past season clothing and sell it at true clearance prices. I purchase all of my wool socks and other outdoor clothing there when i can. I check the stores on a monthly basis because they are always getting in new stuff.

Funny you should mention the Columbia Fleece. I was in a TJ Maxx the other day and they had a pile of the Steens Mountain fleece as well as a few offerings from TNF. 

Pretty cheap too.

3:07 p.m. on October 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
32 forum posts

Thanks for the info - unfortunately, I live on Kodiak Island, so access to such stores is nonexistent.  I'll look for the Columbia 100 wt via mailorder.

Actually, it's not unfortunate to live in Kodiak.  8-)

5:13 p.m. on October 6, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,699 reviewer rep
1,297 forum posts

Go to the coast guard station and harass them until they give you one of the brown acrylic sweaters. They work pretty good, i used my old one from the military for quite some time before i upgraded to wool.

July 30, 2014
Quick Reply