Oboz footwear

2:34 p.m. on January 22, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

Does anyone know antyhing about them?

2:30 p.m. on January 23, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

I am wearing a pair now.  The designer used to work for Keen.  Nice shoes, I like them.

5:35 p.m. on January 23, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

I am thinking about getting a pair of firebrand shoes to wear for day hikes hre in Florida

5:54 p.m. on January 23, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

I don't know which model I have, they are non-waterproof trail shoes - basically a beefed up running shoe.  So far so good.  I originally had the waterproof version, but my pair had a quality issue and I exchanged them at REI.  I prefer the non-waterproof version as the shoes are not as hot on my foot.

7:19 a.m. on February 19, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

I went and bought the firebrand's. They feel good, no break in needed. The only problem is they hold the dirt and mud in the soles, which is a problem here in Florida. They should work good on our annual trip to the GSMNP.

2:13 a.m. on February 22, 2012 (EST)
154 reviewer rep
36 forum posts

I have two pairs of Firebrand. Women's. I loved the first pair but the waterproof lining came away from the outer on the inside of the shoe and began to aggravate my toenails after a couple of years, which was a little annoying as apart from that the shoe could go another two years! The new pair so far doesn't have this problem. The new pair Firebrand 2 is a slightly different cut around the back of the heel, snugger, (not as comfy for me) and the insole is beefed up, stiffer, more supportive thing like a Superfeet insert which I don't like at all so I've replaced with a flatter softer one. So far, so good. I love the look and solid sole and great traction. Have worn them in Yosemite and the Grand Canyon. Haven't needed the waterproof liners yet and would probably prefer if the shoes did not have these! Hey maybe I can just cut them out of the old shoes and keep wearing the shoes?

August 22, 2014
Quick Reply