Golite Shangri-La 3 Tent? Any Opinions?

10:39 p.m. on January 29, 2012 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

So I am looking at this tent for a new year round tent, remember here in the NW we get rain not snow, well at least not much. :) 

I am wondering if anyone has used this tent or knows anything about it.  I have some some research and found some good reviews on You Tube and the one review here on trailspace.  It seems like a well maid tent system, rain fly, floor, and nest (Floor and bug neeting)  I can get all three parts for about $200 right now and I am thinking of pulling the trigger.

Anyone have any comments or thoughts??

Wolfman

9:09 a.m. on January 30, 2012 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

IMHO I would say no to this one. I just looked it up on the golite site and saw the fly was only 1200mm HH. Thats good for summer camping out here but in the rainy season it wont cut it. What I have seen, I could be wrong, but most UL tents have a HH of only 1000-1800mm. It is my expreance that in our area we need a fly that is 2000mm or better. My winter tents are 3000mm. All the others that I have tried have failed after 3-4 days of non stop rains.

10:02 a.m. on January 30, 2012 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,348 forum posts

I used the Golite Shangri-la 3 tent for 10 years. I had all three parts, the main rainfly, the begnetted part and the floor section. I used them together and separate. Sometimes I just used each part depending on the hike. The rainfly by itself is great in alpine areas during the cooler months when there are no bugs, the bugnetting part is good when it isnt going to rain(hopefully) and I have just carryed the floor section when all I needed was a ground sheet to sleep on.

I really liked mine and stupidly sold it a couple years ago to someone  else. I should have kept it. They are very light, pack small and have lots of head room. The inner single pole can be replaced with a cord tied to the loop at the outside top of the rainfly and tied to a limb above giving you more room. I could stand up iside on my knees or hunched over to pull on my pants inside the tent.

I will get another one some time in the future. I have used Golite gear for a long time. I have a Golite Featherweight sleeping bag that is rated to 20 degrees, is down and weighs 1.4 lbs, a Golite backpack called the Infinity that is compressable and will hold up to a weeks worth of food and gear/water. It weighs about 1 lb and a Golite daypack that weighs 4 oz. I currently have a Mtn Hardwear Tent that weighs about 4.5 lbs. So my total backpacking gear is about 7 lbs not counting water bladders and cooking gear. Probably about 9 lbs?

What color is the rainfly? Mine was green and it also comes in Bamboo Yellow.

And WOW! $200 for all three parts, I would do it in 1/2 a heartbeat, Wolfman!!!

I used mine everywhere from the North Slope and all the way down to Homer Spit in Alaska in heavy rain. I have used it in the Tetons in Spring, Summer and Fall. Also in the Grand Canyon, West Oak Creek and on the San Francisco Peaks all here in Arizona.

I was given the rainfly by a friend at the Grand Canyon who sold Golite at the General Store there and gave it to me to try out and told me to keep it when I was very impressed with it. I later bought the floor section and bugnetting section in Jackson Hole.

Where did you find it all for $200 may I ask? I was just at Golite.com and see they have the fly on sale from $275 down to $129, the floor for $39 and the nest for $69. The three parts together weigh 5 lbs 7 oz. Not bad for a big tent that packs small.

It also has two vents on the top and reflective stake pulls that are nice when you are coming back to camp after dark and can find it with your flashlight.

Oh, and under heavy snow conditions like in the wet snow of the Sierra Nevada it would collapse, light snow like mine got in the Grand Canyons rim and in the late season Teton N.P. and Wilderness is okay.

Golite-tent.jpg

5:00 p.m. on January 30, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,861 reviewer rep
1,325 forum posts

The shangri-la 3 is an awesome tent, well worth that price. the HH is more than ample to handle any amount of rain. The debate about the amount of HH you need is blown way out of porportion. 1200 is fine, its just not my opinion, it's scientific fact. Even in a hard wind driven rain 1200 will suffice. Now if its exposed to a extremely hard wind driven rain for over 24 hours yes it may begin to leak. But lets be realistic, despite any claims someone wants to make, that kinda rain just doesn't happen in that kinda duration, it may come and go in spurts of a few hours at a time, but its not always a constant deluge of rain with 50mph winds(there are the extremely rare exception, but you shouldnt be in the woods during that kinda storm anyway).

Alot of factors play into HH pressure and when a fabric will leak. The angle being one of the big ones. The angle on a tent , and a steep angle like on the shangri-la make it more realistically be closer to a 2k-2.5k HH. If a high pressure garden hose nozzle wont make your tent leak, then neither will a storm. You are more likely to have a tent leak due to a puncture/abrasion in the fly than from a leak due to low HH.

I have used the shangri-la 3 for quite a few years and could not be happier with its performance. I would say go for it, thats a heck of a price.

5:06 p.m. on January 30, 2012 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,348 forum posts

What does HH stand for?

5:16 p.m. on January 30, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,861 reviewer rep
1,325 forum posts

HH stands for hydrostatic head, more specifically hyrostatic head pressue. In this case the Golite Shangri-la products have a 1200mm hydrostatic head pressure rating. It is the force of a 1200mm collumn of water on a 1x1in section of fabric that it will take befure it ruptures the membrane and leaks.(i am going from memory here, so forgive me if that isn;t exactly how it is measured). It is commonly referenced to things like a good pressure shower(like in your house) which is normally putting out about 1000mm of pressure. Independant testing of the golite shangri-la has put the hh rating at 3,500mm brand new http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=43902

Alot of variables play into it, the angle of the fabric, how tightly the fabric is stretched, the temperature, and wind being a few.

My silnylon tarp only has about a 750mm and i have been in some torrential downpours in it, and i have only had teeny tinsy amounts of misting.

HH is very very important for rain jackets etc, but not so much for tents and tarps. The minimum HH rating to be considered waterproof for a rain jacket for most commercial companies is 2,100-3,000, and the military spec is 17,500+. The difference is the amount of abraisin and pressure is applited to a rain jacket, such as from pack straps etc.

EDIT: Obviously more/higher HH is better , but it also generally relates to more weight as well.

9:34 p.m. on January 30, 2012 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Hate to disagree with you Rambler but in the PNW this tent will fail, thats a fact. We dont look at a short 4-5 hr rain fall. It can and will rain for 2 weeks or over a month, or more non-stop. I would never take this tent out here in the winter months. This is a nonstop soaking. We need a harder tent here. Ive been in tents for some hard core rains and they have done fine, But out here they will, and have leaked under these conditions. Then if you get stuck in a storm you are gone. just think of being out for two weeks nonstop rain and geting a freak PNW storm on the last day or two. Winds 65-100 mph. This Golite will fail! To me this is a no brainer. I live here, I konw what can happen out here. I would NEVER trust this tent. JMHO

10:03 p.m. on January 30, 2012 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
699 forum posts

mikemorrow said:

IMHO I would say no to this one. I just looked it up on the golite site and saw the fly was only 1200mm HH. Thats good for summer camping out here but in the rainy season it wont cut it. What I have seen, I could be wrong, but most UL tents have a HH of only 1000-1800mm. It is my expreance that in our area we need a fly that is 2000mm or better. My winter tents are 3000mm. All the others that I have tried have failed after 3-4 days of non stop rains.

I have used shelters with 1200 mm HH on the Wet (West) Coast of Canada in torrential rain and even snow.  Not one leak.  Not one source of misting. 

These are high quality shelters.  Maybe you are using something different.

10:04 p.m. on January 30, 2012 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
699 forum posts

TheRambler said:

HH stands for hydrostatic head, more specifically hyrostatic head pressue. In this case the Golite Shangri-la products have a 1200mm hydrostatic head pressure rating. It is the force of a 1200mm collumn of water on a 1x1in section of fabric that it will take befure it ruptures the membrane and leaks.(i am going from memory here, so forgive me if that isn;t exactly how it is measured). It is commonly referenced to things like a good pressure shower(like in your house) which is normally putting out about 1000mm of pressure. Independant testing of the golite shangri-la has put the hh rating at 3,500mm brand new http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=43902

Alot of variables play into it, the angle of the fabric, how tightly the fabric is stretched, the temperature, and wind being a few.

My silnylon tarp only has about a 750mm and i have been in some torrential downpours in it, and i have only had teeny tinsy amounts of misting.

HH is very very important for rain jackets etc, but not so much for tents and tarps. The minimum HH rating to be considered waterproof for a rain jacket for most commercial companies is 2,100-3,000, and the military spec is 17,500+. The difference is the amount of abraisin and pressure is applited to a rain jacket, such as from pack straps etc.

EDIT: Obviously more/higher HH is better , but it also generally relates to more weight as well.

100% agree.

10:21 p.m. on January 30, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,861 reviewer rep
1,325 forum posts

The duration doesn't really matter as much as the intensity AND duration. Unless you have both its not a problem. Being realistic here, I can honestly count on one hand how many times in my life I have seen strong enough and long enough rain to be anything of remote concern.

An overnight storm isn't a big deal, nor is continual light rain for weeks even with heavier periods.

There are tons of people in the PNW that use silnylon tarps/tents and I have yet to hear of one failing without some other major contributing factor. I would be more concerned with my stakes pulling out than the fabric failing. I know one guy in particular that lives in the PNW and uses a shangri-la 3 and has for years without issue. HH claims on fabrics for a tent are all but meaningless is basically what I am saying. it more comes down to the QUALITY of the fabric/fabric coating. if its a cheap tent with a cheap coating it doesn't matter if it's rated 30k it will still leak.

please don't tell me the only tent that will work is a Hille! lol, but in all seriousness, what tent do you use?

10:58 p.m. on January 30, 2012 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

TheRambler said:

please don't tell me the only tent that will work is a Hille!

The only tent that will work is a Hille...

Ya said not too lol. :p

12:18 a.m. on January 31, 2012 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
699 forum posts

Believe it or not, this stuff works great on silnylon increasing absolute HH substantially for very little weight gain (1-2oz on say a Tarptent Contrai):

http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Water-Guard-Aero-12oz/dp/B0001FYL2M

9:11 a.m. on January 31, 2012 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Wolfman is planing a 8 day trip. With much of it hiking right on the coast. I would hate to see him get wet. The Golite at that price is a great buy, but I wouldnt want to test it this way.

I have used the Silicone spray many times on my little cheap summer tents. And it works great. I have yet to get wet using the stuff. But those are my summer tents. I wouldnt take them out in the winter here. :)

I'm heading out today for 4 nights. There is a break in the winter weather right now. Only a 60% chance of rain with winds around 20-25 mph. I'm going to take my TNF Canyonlands. Earlier this year this tent started to leak after I got cought in a big storm for 4 days. I've done some work on it and I'm hoping that its fine now. I should be taking out my Galaxy as it is better designed to withstand wind and rain. i've been trying to make this trip all winter but everytime I've had the time the weather has turned. A couple of weeks ago I was packed and ready to go and we had 100+ winds. last week it was 80mph winds.

The trip is to a small lake, no trails into it. But useing satilite photos I think I've found away in. So armed with my compass and map I'm heading in. I've asked around and no one in this area knows anything about it. If the weather holds true to the forcast (LOL) I should have a great time. If not, I sure hope the fix that I did on the tent works. Otherwise it will be a long wet heavy hike out of there. Now I've got myself thinking weather I shouldnt be taking the other tent. :)

Sure wish I had a Hille.....

Last second update....I'm taking the Galaxy. Better save than sorry.

1:32 p.m. on January 31, 2012 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

Wow quite a range of responses!

Gary, So I can't add, it not quite 200, it came to $237 in the check out cart.  But now it's $168.  They ran out of nets. :(  Looks like if I am going to do this I need to do it NOW!

Mike, I really value your opinion because of the area that you hike and it's similarity to this area.  Reading the blog that Rambler posted, the same material tested at better then 3000mm HH.  As a new material.  I know that they changed the materials in 2010 to a lighter fabric, and I think that they will be changing the shelter again this year.  That's just my opinion from it being on clearance and how often they update their lines.

I really like the design of this tent and the head room, something that my current tent is VERY lacking.  I also think it would work very well for me and you two kids. 

CWF, Thanks for the link on the silicone spray, I will have to check that out, for this and my other tent.  I did not realize that you too are a west coaster.  Although the west cost of BC is a tad bit rougher then the Washington cost! :)

Rambler, Thanks for the info and the link.  Great info, very interesting in the way the new Golite fabric is made vs. the other fabrics, and the test results.  Then the whole discussion about ware and stretching, maybe drum tight is not the best way to set up a tent!

All Said I think I am going to pull the trigger on this.  My plan is to try it in the back yard for a few nights in the rain (their should be rain, it' February right!) and if all goes well then head for the cost on the 10th.  If not, well I guess I am back to the Walrus Arch and a tarp for camp. 

I will also be updating the tread I started in "Trip Planning" sometime today, so check it out tonight for my plan details!

Thanks to everyone for all the info and help!!

Wolfman

MIke, If I get rained out, well then you can tell me "I told you so" :D  Hope the I don't though. :)

2:36 p.m. on January 31, 2012 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,348 forum posts

Good luck on your hike too. Let us know how it goes.

2:52 p.m. on January 31, 2012 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,098 forum posts

Like Gary looking forward to your trail report after your trip wolfman..Have a blast you and the kids...

8:03 p.m. on January 31, 2012 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

No Kids on this one, I need some Me time!  Plus I don't really think I could get them to hike in the rain and cold!  At least not for a few more years.  :) 

11:04 p.m. on January 31, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Found this if your interested on Seattle Craigslist.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/spo/2782226262.html

Shangri-la 3 person tent and floor - $250 (tacoma, wa) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 2012-01-31, 4:45PM PST Reply to: mzz4c-2782226262@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Never used- Ultra-lite, expedition-ready, and simple to pitch, our Shangri-La 3 is a model of backcountry versatility. This 4 season teepee-style shelter sheds wind and weather brilliantly and can be used by itself, with the Shangri-La 3 Floor, or with the Shangri-La 3 Nest inner bug tent. You can pitch it with the micro-adjustable aluminum pole (included), on snow, over a paddle or ski pole, or hang it from a branch via its top loop. Dual roof vents provide excellent air flow, reflective stake out loops keep you from tripping in the middle of the night and the hydrophilic thread at the seams expand when wet--sealing the seams and eliminating the need for liquid sealant. Type: 3 Person Height: 62 inches Area: 59 sq. ft | 5.48 sq. m Main Body Weight : 23 oz | 650.9 g Pole Weight: 13oz | 367.9g Ultra-lite, ultra-strong, and waterproof • Location: tacoma, wa •it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests PostingID: 2782226262

5L75Ic5Ja3Kc3F33Mdc13c8f6cc9f2a201d94.jp PostingID: 2782226262

Also this:

Golite Hex3 Tent with New mesh insert - $220

sale-hpcek-2826028656@craigslist.org

Shell has been used for a few years, but in great shape. Mesh insert is brand new. Never used.
Fantastic 4 season tent. The hex3 is the same as the current shangri la 3.

The backpacker at the campsite next to you sets up her GoLite Shangri-La 3 3-Person 4-Season Shelter in what seems like three seconds flat. In the meantime, you're still agonizing over which of your tent poles goes in where. Hmmm . . . she only needed one pole.

• Simple-to-pitch floorless shelter with adjustable aluminum center pole
  • Fully taped seams, silicon / PU 1200mm waterproof, fire retardant coating blocks out the elements
  • Two peak vents for increased circulation
  • For ground coverage, or bug-and-floor protection, add the GoLite Nest or Floor (sold separately)
  • Internal high gear loops for clothes lines and hanging gear
  • External peak loop allows shelter to be suspended without pole
  • Internal peak loop attaches Nest, and perimeter clips attach Floor

Bottom Line:Your own lightweight portable roof and walls.

5N55L75K73K83Lf3Jac1u413f6912a4081bf2.jp5N85Lf5J43Jb3o63H3c1ubc2af731f0b21510.jp PostingID: 2826028656

11:57 a.m. on February 1, 2012 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

The Hex 3 is about 4 or 5 years old, and the other one sound good, but I just got the shell (Rain fly) and floor new for $168. :D  OK their was shipping and tax but still only $188. :)

They are not changing the design this year, but changing the way they sell it.  They are only going to be selling the rain fly and nest as a unit, not as parts of a system anymore.  That is why they are discounting the inventory they have.  I did not get the nest, but it is still on several web sites so now I am looking for coupons!  :)

Wolfman

1:58 p.m. on February 1, 2012 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,348 forum posts

I would like to get another Shangri-la 3 myself but will have to wait till I am working again next summer.

If you are'nt expecting to many bugs the floor and the fly work well.

3:00 p.m. on February 3, 2012 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Hey Wolfman, I would never say I told you so :) Remember if you do get wet this trip this is still one bad uss summer tent. So you are out nothing.

12:45 a.m. on February 4, 2012 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

Thanks Mike, I hopping it will all work out. 

Of course the tent won't be here until Monday, while this last week and about half of next week looks like sun!  Even on the coast too!!  Oh well, what would winter camping be with out the rain!  :) 

I swear my timing sucks.

Wolfman

6:17 a.m. on February 4, 2012 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

We are having a very dry winter here too, though on the cooler side. Just be carefull. And while on the coast if you fell a drop in temp, start looking at the sky. The rains can move in very fast. When are you taking off?

2:27 p.m. on February 4, 2012 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

Well that was planned for Friday the 10th, but I am trying to push it up.  Although that may not work out.  With work and everything scheduling can get very fixed. 

Besides, if it was all nice and sunny, well it just won't be right! :)  Nice and enjoyable, but not quite right.

My plan is to go in at the Hoh and out at Shi Shi, over 8 nights, 9 days.  I need to update my post in the trip planing forum with the details.  So keep an eye out for that too.

Wolfman

Weather Link for La Push next 10 days.

5:36 p.m. on February 5, 2012 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
41 forum posts

Wolfman, They are not changing the design this year, but changing the way they sell it.  They are only going to be selling the rain fly and nest as a unit, not as parts of a system anymore.  That is why they are discounting the inventory they have.

Wolfman, I got the discounted price from GoLite. If I have a net, I will have only half a net in that space because I really need no floor.

I have "plans" for modifying the Shangri-La 3 with a partial metallized nylon "dew cloth" to help reflect a fire outside the door area with, maybe, one side or two sides staked back.

I have been "planning" for a small wood stove for winter camping for quite some time, having seen so many small wood stoves. I started what became a 38-page thread at bplite forum about "small wood stoves for hunter's tents".

The fact is, last year I watched the discounted price come-and-go and this year I almost did the same thing.

Thank you, for the information. I might have missed out on the discounted price.

I also appreciate the explanation about HH, as well.

I had my older Sierra Designs Comet "wet-out" on coastal Washington State's Long Beach. It is no fun stuck in a tent you can scarcely sit up inside but sitting in a puddle is worse. Fortunately, I am resourceful for mopping up.

11:18 a.m. on February 6, 2012 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
41 forum posts

The only rain forest I have seen is the Hoh and Shi Shi campground. The trail a little further up the Hoh, early or late in the day, may have an entire herd of elk crossing the river.

I am eager to hear your report.

12:14 p.m. on February 6, 2012 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

ConnieD,  Chances of seeing wildlife on the cost is slim.  Otters, maybe a seal, hopefully living, and lots of raccoons.  But I am going to take lots of pictures and do a big trip report when I get back. 

By the way, I love the idea of hot camping, and spent way to much time reading last night about stoves, thanks to you :p   Some really cool stoves and threads.  The one in the West Cost Paddler thread was a great stove! And a cool cabin!!

I won't be taking anything with me on this trip, but I will be looking into making something.  Thanks for the ideas.

Wolfman

11:00 a.m. on February 7, 2012 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

UP DATE!!

So I got my tent yesterday from UPS!!  Man is it lite, even with the pole! Got home about 5:30 and decided that I had to set it up.  (Side note; I have chickens) So setting up a tent in the mostly dark in the back yard full of chicken poop is probably not the best idea I have ever had!  :)

But after setting out the stakes with a piece of string and the pole, I did a little sweeping with the outside broom and the tent went up like a dream!  The floor now has shock cord (the elastic rope) on the floor so you don't have to use two sets of stakes or set it up first.  That will be real nice in the rain!  

I got it all set up and decided to go ahead and sleep in it to test out this new sleeping bag I found at Costco.  Yea I know I spend to much time at Costco.  Anyway its a BlackX 0 from "The Back Side" Nice lite bag way lighter then my other 0 bag.  With my new long johns it was GREAT, nice and toasty.  True it only got down to 38 but I am not expecting any colder on the coast. 

Back to the Tent, lots of head room, that's very nice, it's a little smaller then I thought but again that OK, it will fit in a lot more places.  I will add some pics later today or tomorrow. 

Wolfman

PS:  Full reviews after the trip.

11:49 a.m. on February 7, 2012 (EST)
93 reviewer rep
36 forum posts

Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing your report and your review. :)

12:06 p.m. on February 7, 2012 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Definitely looking forward to your tr and review.

Happy hiking Wolfman. 

1:53 p.m. on February 7, 2012 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
41 forum posts

My Shangri-La 3 is arriving tomorrow. I am so excited.

Wolfman, and spent way to much time reading last night about stoves, thanks to you :p

There is so much about that online, it is unbelieveable. One man at bplite built a woodstove for his tent, using larger diameter stovepipe and end caps sold for that stovepipe. It looks good, too.

Two times, on the coast, I have seen elk. It could happen.

Both trips were so memorable.

I have ordered a small and lightweight relatively inexpensive "open box" camcorder, now, to be able to share these trips. It is MP4 and AAC format. I will be finding out if it looks good on YouTube.

Wolfman, I hope you enjoy photography. My pictures of the coast only exist in my memory and that one Verichrome Pan snapshot in my avatar made by my mom a long time ago.

6:50 p.m. on February 7, 2012 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

As Promised here are the first Picks!!  God I feel like a little kid at Christmas. :)

Fist set up in the back yard, No stake adjustments, man the string and pole work GREAT at layout.
Tent-Pictures-001.jpg

Inside the new tent, where I crashed last night.  Minus the sleeping bag, it's in the house.  One corner of the floor is unhooked, I think I will use it this way so there is some space inside to dry stuff.
Tent-Pictures-003.jpg

Here are two of the yard Monsters, the other two are Barrel Rocks, these two are Red Sex-links.  These are the best egg layers.  The others not so good.  As you can see from the yard they have free range, and it THERE YARD!!  LOL  At least they think so. :D

Tent-Pictures-005.jpg

Wolfman and Boss Chickens

7:07 p.m. on February 7, 2012 (EST)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

Nice Wolfman!

Im looking forward to your TR. Will be very different from what us desert rats see. Have a safe trip!

9:36 a.m. on February 8, 2012 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
41 forum posts

Oh boy, pictures! Shangri La 3 arriving today.

I have an Exped Downmat, as well. No chickens tho'.

I have subscribed for email notifications.

11:16 a.m. on February 8, 2012 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,348 forum posts

The two vents on the outside top work well for keeping out condensation.

1:28 p.m. on February 8, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
827 reviewer rep
1,325 forum posts

Gotta keep those scratchers out of the tent Wolfman!

11:17 p.m. on February 8, 2012 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

Heck Yea, no poop in the new tent, Git you dang birds, go lay an egg!  :D

Gary actually this model has three vents on top and a double zipper on the fly, so that can be opened too. 

Well Connie, we all want pictures, you know how it goes, no pics it didn't happen!  :)

Don't you love those mats!  It took me about 4 months to find that one.  And it's smaller and lighter then what I had before. 

Well you all have fun, I got a real busy day tomarow so I don't now it I will get a chance to post much before I head out early Friday.  Got to catch the first ferry at 05:30!  :) 

See you all when I get back!

Wolfman

12:03 p.m. on February 9, 2012 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
41 forum posts

I had to look a long time for my "torso-length" Exped DownMat 7 XS. I finally found it "on sale" at Next Adventure in Portland, OR. WooHoo!

I got my Shangri-La 3 only yesterday.

I put pictures up at bplite "On Sale" because I announced the sale there.

Now "Temporarily out of stock".

Pictures? I purchased an "open box" video cam this month.

I already have a camera, but people are so demanding. ;^)

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply