Alternative to Sorels w/ interchangeable outsoles ??

2:02 p.m. on February 24, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

www.korkers.com/footwear/winter     

* the link gets you into the website, but for some reason, not right on the "icejack" boots.   Just navigate into "Winter", on the right column.                         

The "icejack" boots @ $200 USD

Whad'da 'Ya think ?

pax vobiscum

~ r2 ~

2:59 p.m. on February 24, 2012 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,424 reviewer rep
1,282 forum posts

carbide studs in the extra soles - reminds me of my dad's old studded snow tires.

ever seen someone with ill-fitting crampons on a trip? i've been there with my old strap crampons, which never seemed to want to stay on when I wore certain kinds of boots.  it's a pain.  my concern about the interchangeable soles is that they might disconnect from the boot on a hard impact, or any other time when you would otherwise want them to stay attached.  without using them, hard to tell if that's an issue or not. 

4:50 p.m. on February 24, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

This link will take you to the Winter page and this one directly to them the Icejacks.

Interesting concept. I wonder if the storm jacks would be cool enough for summer hiking.  The other one I like was the Redside Boot  and the Hyjack Water Shoe

@Robert

The Icejacks are currently on sale at Bass Pro Shops for $99

http://www.basspro.com/Korkers-IceJack-OmniTrax-Insulated-Waterproof-Winter-Boots-for-Men/product/11092705012710/267654

One reviewer on the Bass Pro site did complain that the Redside lost its soles and that if you didn't have the key it was almost impossible to get them back on.

11:35 a.m. on February 25, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts
1:20 p.m. on February 26, 2012 (EST)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Sorels on sale at REI

9:26 a.m. on February 27, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
580 forum posts

Do they sell anything to save your soul from lasting spousal outrage after you absentmindedly schlep across the hardwood floor while wearing those studded soles?

9:33 a.m. on February 27, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

No more so, than when one treads across a hardwood floor with cleat-style bicycling shoes.

pax vobiscum

~ r2 ~

11:42 a.m. on February 27, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

You have several options depending on how mad she is.  I'm going to assume this is past the "box of chocolates" or "dinner and a movie"

If the floor is on the older side and already has some dents caused by you explain that it doesn't matter because you are going to rent a floor sander as soon as you change clothes and refinish the floor.  Offer to send her on a Caribbean Cruise or a Vacation at some spa resort so she doesn't have to put up with the dust.

If it's on the newer side tell her you thought she didn't like the color and wanted to change it and you are going to rent a floor sander as soon as you change clothes and re-stain and finish the floor.  Offer to send her on a Caribbean Cruise or a Vacation at some spa resort so she doesn't have to put up with the dust.

If it is a brand new floor that she spent 6 months picking out the correct wood to go with the "new" antique furniture and it has made her the envy of all the clubs/groups that she belongs to... I would suggest bear spray, reapply as necessary while quickly packing as much of your stuff as you can in your pickup.  You will now need to purchase divorce papers and a new place for your stuff. 

4:08 p.m. on February 27, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

John ~~ 

I reckon you've "been around the block a few times".

pax vobiscum

~ r2 ~

July 23, 2014
Quick Reply