So..........you want a new Hilleberg eh..........at sale prices....eh

7:43 p.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Take a look peoples, and get the drool buckets ready.  Hillebergs discounted for between 10%-40%.  Who will be first..........?

http://www.hilleberg.com/home/special_offers.php

For a company that does not sell their tents at a discount, reset...............

8:48 p.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
692 forum posts

The only thing I can afford right now are the Viper Pegs.

9:01 p.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
813 reviewer rep
511 forum posts

With the new price increases, I'm glad I got mine when I did, oh, and, the sand and snow spikes for FREE.  That red Keron 3 doesn't look bad.

9:22 p.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

rob, I would agree with you.  Good price as well on the Saivo. 

9:59 p.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

rob, that makes 2 of us.

Although those tents have a lil patch here and there I am pretty sure they are good to go. I doubt Hille would list them on their site if they weren't in fully functional shape.

Definitely a great way for someone to snag up a bomber tent on the cheap.

10:45 p.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
692 forum posts

Kind of surprised they have patches, given the apparent strength of their tents.

10:55 p.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

They could be burn holes, a mis-placed crampon points, etc. Regardless of how strong a tent is its still just fabric.

11:10 p.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
692 forum posts

So these are tents that have been demo'd?  I thought they were sales examples?

I have never had a fabric failure on a tent in the field.  Poles yes, fabric no.

11:21 p.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Then you don't camp enough lol. In 30yrs I have had all kinds of fun stuff happen.

Hillebergs do not go on sale ever. Even their distributors cannot ever move the price from retail. If they do they will lose their distributor liscense with Hilleberg.

11:22 p.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Family Guy said:

Kind of surprised they have patches, given the apparent strength of their tents.

It appears to me that each of these are display models. As these have not been used outside so I would guess they were mishaps while being set up inside. A misplaced pole here, Little Johnny getting in a tent with mommies keys there, a guy like me not paying attention in the show room and tripping over one. These appear to be new tents that have just have a patch or two, if even that . The ones that have been patched have a bigger discount.

I was told by Hilleberg staff that their tents never go on sale when I talked to them and found that production had started to take place in Estonia. I would guess that with the new models coming out they are clearing out the closets. This may be the last chance to buy a new tent at these prices.

As I have two of the four Hilleberg tents I want and the other two are not on the list I will sit on the sidline and watch with bated breath. It will be interesting to see which goes first and how long these last.

With that being said I'm sure they know the history of each tent and what has happened to it. I would guess that one only needs to call Hilleberg up and ask them.

11:34 p.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
692 forum posts

Thanks - Little Johnny - LOL.

I wonder if they rotate the offering a bit?  I would love to get a Nallo 2 at a discount.

11:37 p.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I would think that the specials will vary in regards to model availability. Probably just have to keep an eye out to see what comes up just like with any other company that practices this technique in regards to factory 2nds, demos, etc.

1:50 a.m. on March 31, 2012 (EDT)
RETAILER
8 reviewer rep
210 forum posts

Family Guy said:

Kerlon has a high TEAR strength, but is not designed to have a high abrasion or puncture resistance.  I learned the hard way on my Tarp 10 UL ;-)

10:12 a.m. on March 31, 2012 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
692 forum posts

You are supposed to use the tarp over your head, not as a ground sheet...; )

Might it have been one of the pack goats?

10:03 a.m. on April 18, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Thanks for the information.

I was looking for a 4 season tent to house my friends and I during our next snowboarding trip and happily came across the Hilleberg Saivo with a 40% discount on the website (2010 Demo model) (!!) What a great deal! I was stunned. 

After emailing the company using the 'contact' link on their website, Petra Hilleberg herself wrote back to me very promptly with all the relevant answers. I purchased the tent that same day.

Waiting for it now. Petra shipped it very promptly with international tracking.

Thanks again for the link, I'm very happy for obtaining the Saivo from the Hilleberg website itself for less than US$600, cheaper than the Hilleberg solo tents. Also, much cheaper than paying accommodation at Falls Creek, Victoria, Australia, for one week!

11:09 a.m. on April 18, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

still need to rob a bank

August 27, 2014
Quick Reply