About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Need a VERY lightweight HI-Quality Tent

9:48 p.m. on November 2, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Anne

Up to now I've used a Sierra Designs, 3 season, single-ply, one-man that weighs about 2.5 lb. and is a horror to pitch. They took it off the market 2 yr after they launched it. Ran about $300. If it wasn't for the problem pitching it, it would've been a great tent. I'm thinking about replacing the Sierra Designs with something that I can pitch without breaking my New Years resolutions, will hold my pack and me, has decent ventilation, and is water tight. Price is not much of an object if the product is good. Do you have any thoughts based on actual experience versus idle speculation???

9:19 a.m. on November 5, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Rich

Do you have any thoughts based on actual experience versus idle speculation???

High quality and lightweight= Hilleberg tents. I have a Nallo 2 and it's the best made tent I've seen, no sewing flaws and quality materials. If you like Hillebergs design they're worth checking out.

6:33 p.m. on November 7, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

Try Stephenson Warmlite

N/M

8:31 p.m. on November 10, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Up to now I've used a Sierra Designs, 3 season, single-ply, one-man that weighs about 2.5 lb. and is a horror to pitch.

Lemme guess: Divine Lightning?
If yes, the SD Light Year is actually a pretty decent tent and pitches with two stakes unless you end up in really shitty weather. Mine held up to 2-3 inches of rain and 50mph winds on Portage Pass, with 4 stakes (do yourself a favor, ditch the stakes it comes with and get Bibler replacement stakes). I got it at Gaylans for about $70 on sale. The Hilleberg Rich mentions rocks if you have the money and can get 4 well placed stakes into the ground, though. I borrow my parents' when I am back in Europe and love it.

April 24, 2014
Quick Reply