Which Inflatable Bladders do you like best?

11:28 p.m. on May 17, 2012 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
136 forum posts

Which Inflatable Bladders do you like best?

9:48 a.m. on May 18, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

I presume you're referring to fill-able Hydration reservoirs? 

I have not owned many, but I have found that off brand items are pretty poor quality. I have been pretty sold on Camelbak, and prefer the baffled Omega Military ones. They are wide and shorter, which means they lie flatter in your pack. The baffle and wide structure also reduce sloshing. The new consumer targeted "Antidote" is baffled, but the new bayonet closure leaks pretty badly, while the military Omega ones still have the threaded closure. 

11:38 a.m. on May 18, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,168 forum posts

I use the Camelbak 3 liter bag. And as a pillow it is also inflatable even with water in it!

12:52 p.m. on May 18, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

They all leak sooner or later. I bring along a couple chilled Heinekens on all my day hikes.

8:56 a.m. on May 19, 2012 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
136 forum posts

Sorry, guys, I will specify a bit more. I want to buy inflatable Air ones for swimming like life preservers. I'm not sure what they are called that's why I confused you.

9:05 a.m. on May 19, 2012 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
136 forum posts

GaryPalmer said:

I use the Camelbak 3 liter bag. And as a pillow it is also inflatable even with water in it!

There is the AQUA Tanks too, they are pretty good.

9:07 a.m. on May 19, 2012 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
136 forum posts

Because the Trilitary Pac has detachable clips we were looking into this as a possible add on thanks to Rick on here.

2:37 p.m. on May 19, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,168 forum posts

I haven't gone on a canoe trip in 40 years so I havent worn a life preserver since 1972.

6:36 p.m. on May 19, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

How about a removable "life vest"? The pack straps would fit through the "arm holes" and connect to the clips.

11:18 p.m. on May 19, 2012 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
136 forum posts

ocalacomputerguy said:

How about a removable "life vest"? The pack straps would fit through the "arm holes" and connect to the clips.

Funny you said this I saw these yesterday and thought the very same thing.The fact that the Trilitary has these snap clips like backpacks on the front we can have some fun coming up with all kinds of things.LOL

We are really excited at our house as I have an assembly line starting Monday to start making them. and my partner has 17 years of manufacturing experience and has taught seamstresses for years.She and I are sticklers for quality too. I would rather sell less and sell better quality merchandise. THIS IS STILL AMERICA!!!!!!! And these will be AMERICAN MADE.

I had an oportunity to do a royalty thing and don't want to as I am ornery about taking care of your own first. And all of you helped with this as you knew where to get some things and also helped with what was best and this is what I wanted because I knew you all had really used the things you wrote about, and put them through the test. i want good reviews right off the bat. So why not use the tried and true straps, space blanlkets and so forth.Thanks everyone!

11:20 p.m. on May 19, 2012 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
136 forum posts

GaryPalmer said:

I want to look into these, as it would be fun to maybe sell them on the site.

October 2, 2014
Quick Reply