Tall skinny rainpants?

10:11 p.m. on June 13, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

My new job is involved with conservation work and I've been stocking up on gear. The main issue is that I am very tall and skinny and am looking for rainpants. I have a 32" waist and a 38" inseam. Now, Colombia looks semi-promising, with a 36" inseam and 36" waist but that is less than ideal. Any suggestions?

7:40 p.m. on June 14, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,439 reviewer rep
1,292 forum posts

try foxwear.net.  custom clothing - he'll do rain pants if i'm not mistaken.  

9:24 p.m. on June 14, 2012 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Try them all on my tall and skinny brother!  I have ordered countless pairs from REI and other vendors and haven't found a pair that works perfectly yet.  I'm currently using a pair of Marmot hard-shell pants.  Far heavier than I would like, but they were the best for length and on the hips.  I'm closer to a 33 x 36.

9:37 p.m. on June 14, 2012 (EDT)
1,160 reviewer rep
605 forum posts

I'm closer to Cleric in measurements, so not quite as tall, but I have sucess with the First Ascent line from Eddie Bauer for us tall and skinny folk. Not sure of the inseam length but they do offer Reg and Tall sizes. Maybe worth a look....

http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/First-Ascent/First-Ascent-Mens-Pants/index.cat

11:31 a.m. on June 15, 2012 (EDT)
708 reviewer rep
908 forum posts

If I may, I'd like to ask what kind of conservation work? Having a fair amount of experience over the years with trail building, tree planting, etc. most crews wear heavier gear, available at contractors supply shops. Here in the NW, rain gear gets used quite regularly, and the light weight hikers rain pants won't hold up. They'll be in shreds in a couple of weeks.

7:59 p.m. on June 18, 2012 (EDT)
447 reviewer rep
277 forum posts

Cabela's sells Tall sizes in their Rainy River GTX PacLite pants. And the price is reasonable.

I'm 5' 10" and their size Regular is even just a tad long so I suspect their Tall would be good for you unless you're NBA size.

I got their Large, Tall PacLite parka B/C I wanted more butt coverage. Great parka with many nice features and good durability in wet brush.

September 16, 2014
Quick Reply