0 degree synthetic bag

6:57 p.m. on July 24, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Hi all, 

I'm looking for a good 0 degree synthetic sleeping bag and wondering if anyone has some recommendations. The best I've seen so far is the Mountain Hardwear Ultralamina 0. The short version comes in at only 3lbs 1oz and is pretty reasonable at $250. I haven't been able to find anything better than that. Has anyone else? 

7:55 p.m. on July 24, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,518 forum posts

I only have down. Big Agnes 0. Love it. But weight isn't an issue for my purposes so might not work for you.

8:40 p.m. on July 24, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Welcome to TrailSpace, grebnesor!

Mountain hardware makes some great gear, and the 0F UltraLamina looks to be a pretty good option. I don't know anything about the syth fiber they use, but compression to 8 inches is impressive if it does so. 

I have a 20F Alps Slickrock, which uses primaloft and has been an great bag for the price. Especially considering i got it on sale for $60. 

I don't have any other direct knowledge of different bags. I know one of our members, Rick, has a sub 0F North Face Primaloft bag that he likes. 

I'm sure others will have suggestions as well 

Cheers, G

4:43 p.m. on July 25, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,407 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

I have the Alps SlickRock 0 degree bag, same build as Gonzan. I have been very satisfied with it. Discontinued and hard to find. I paid $100. It weighs 4 lb, 5 oz in Long. They don't have a short version as I recall. might have a womens though.

5:27 p.m. on July 25, 2012 (EDT)
255 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

grebnesor said:

Hi all, 

I'm looking for a good 0 degree synthetic sleeping bag and wondering if anyone has some recommendations. The best I've seen so far is the Mountain Hardwear Ultralamina 0. The short version comes in at only 3lbs 1oz and is pretty reasonable at $250. I haven't been able to find anything better than that. Has anyone else? 

I have exactly that bag.  It is great.

10:49 p.m. on July 25, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Callahan said:

grebnesor said:

Hi all, 

I have exactly that bag.  It is great.

It's reassuring to hear you like it. I haven't found many reviews yet. If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? And do you find the short length to be comfortable? 

10:59 p.m. on July 25, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,247 reviewer rep
624 forum posts

Cant' comment on the 0 degree one but I have the -20 lamina and love it. I find it actually warmer than its rating.

Two things I'm sure your already aware of- doesn't pack nearly as well, and heavier (comparatively) then down.

What I do love is the cut of their bags. I believe they call it a 'comfort mummy'. Its not as tight and restrictive as a traditional mummy, gives me some room to move around.

November 28, 2014
Quick Reply