For those who prefer US made, where possible

2:57 p.m. on October 12, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,251 forum posts

I just ran across this information from Kaenon, one of the "eyewear" brandnames that produces several different styles for outdoor use:

http://www.kaenon.com/about-kaenon/founders/60-minutes-letter

I have never had, nor even tried on, Kaenon glasses, so I have no idea what their quality level is or whether I would like or dislike their styles. So recommendations and no endorsements. Just the information that a lot of the big names in eyewear are under the one Italian company.

I do note that the prescription company Barb and I used to use, Lenscrafters, is one of their companies (we get our regular glasses from Costco these days - much cheaper and we've had better luck with them). For glacier glasses (prescription) and prescription goggle inserts, we use a small specialty shop in Boulder, CO, named Opticus.

7:58 p.m. on October 12, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,063 forum posts

Good info, Bill. I, too, went through Opticus for my prescription glacier glasses.

5:48 p.m. on October 13, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Kaenon are the only sunglasses I will wear.

July 24, 2014
Quick Reply