Vango Force 10 Nitro Lite 200+

3:48 p.m. on January 24, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Anyone have experience with or knowledge of the Vango Force 10 Nitro Lite 200+ tent?

Looking for an AT thru hike tent for myself (6-1, 210) and Great Pyrenees (110 lbs). The idea of a dog garage is appealing.

6:37 a.m. on January 26, 2013 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Might be a little over kill for the AT. But if you are looking for a winter or storm proof tent, I would say go for it. There are many very good reviews online.

I just picked up a Terra Nova Doulite for my winter travels out here on the Oregon coast. I like the idea of packing away the inner first. This keeps everything much drier.

2:03 p.m. on January 28, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Thanks mikemorrow. I guess I was viewing it a little differently.  My first impression was of a lightweight Nallo 2 GT that addressed some of the Anjan issues.

I'll probably be better off just asking for suggestions.

I'm looking for a shelter weighing 4 pounds or less, and would like either a three-person tent, or two person with one vestibule of at least 15 feet^2. I am familiar with the Tarptent and Mountain Laurel Designs type of shelter, but I have never had much luck with tarps in gusty winds. Maybe the newer technology is more idiot proof. There are, also, a couple of lightweight Big Agnes tents that may work. Any suggestions you can make are much appreciated.

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply