Is this ligit?

6:09 p.m. on April 3, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
430 forum posts

This north face site seems 'too good to be true'. I don't think this is a real NF site or has anything to do with a real North face anything.

Am I wrong?

http://nfcoatsoutlet.com/

I was looking at the NF black and yellow goretex xcr jacket and is doesn't look right somehow.

If you read 'About Us' is is written oddly too. Can't quit put a finger on it. Not sure if i should be screaming warning!

Oh NOW I am SCREAMING WARNING! The e-mail is  nfcoatsoutlet@yahoo.com.

That coat is a older coat no longer made but it hasn't got snaps up the front it has velcros and 1 snap at the bottom. That is a fake xcr.

Until 20 minutes ago I didn't know this stuff was faked but I do now.

I hope this helps someone else avoid heart break. I answered my question well enough to suit me. Sorry if i waste anyone's time.

Bill C aka Lodge Pole

7:56 p.m. on April 3, 2013 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
843 forum posts

yeah its a made in china knockoff site.

9:51 p.m. on April 3, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP
0 reviewer rep
162 forum posts

home page
mens (men's...) womens best goods (?) hot sale 
About us (first paragraph...)
About Our Website
Welcome to our North Face online shop! We offer high quality North Face products. We give you more choice to get discount and top quality North Face products. All are sufficient to satisfy your various choices: bring you 100% satisfaction with the best service and low price. We are so sincerely welcome and respect your recommendations of our website, products or services.

The rest is more of the same ....

10:18 p.m. on April 3, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
430 forum posts

I am just one of those fools who goes thru life not trying to cheat people, and so I don't even think others would, but they sure do.

Earlier today I took my wife, err well, she took me to a local consignment shop. There we happened on a REAL North Face black and yellow goretex xcr jacket.

We bought that used and very right, and it has a pin hole I missed seeing at the store but i can fix that.

I was just curios and maybe a little jealouse the store didn't have one in my xlg size too. So I began to check these out on line, and LOW there was more for 99 bucks! Err maybe not so fast....

Well we still made out like bandits for the real one but I don't want a knockoff. I have never once been a Starbucks coffee house..

1:17 a.m. on April 4, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP
0 reviewer rep
162 forum posts

TNF is probably the most copied brand but not the only one.

In Kathmandu I found a shop that only sold fake labels and by that I mean just labels (different size and brands)  not the garments. Not surprisingly a lot of the gear sold there , in Kathmandu, was fake and TNF certainly was the most popular.

Patagonia is another typically copied brand and Canada Goose even has a "counterfeit" section helping you to identify the fake sellers

http://www.canada-goose.com/ (bottom of the page)

10:45 a.m. on April 4, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
430 forum posts

Franco, Thanks I had ho idea.  I followed the link and learned that lesson. These lessons seem to share common things wrong.  But looking on line makes it hard to tell, and easy for the con artist to hide flaws.

Last night I was thinking the NF coats outlet was looking good until I noticed what I was looking at wasn't like what I just bought for my wife used.

At first i thought older model, but still at 99 bucks not a bad deal.

Then I was checking up on About US and the way it was written seemed silly.

At that point i came here to ask, and went back to look. My brilliant wife on her system hit up google 'fake north face' and whoa!

I would rather have no real good modern gear, than have shoddy fake modern gear. At least that way I can work out what is the right thing to do in poor weather.

hellova world we live in.

10:58 a.m. on April 4, 2013 (EDT)
1,367 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

Franco said:

Canada Goose even has a "counterfeit" section helping you to identify the fake sellers, http://www.canada-goose.com/ 

Every fall, there's a rash of Facebook links to phony Canada Goose sites on the advertising feed. I make a point of reporting them all. Then they just change the name and post another one, but they've caused some damage to Canada Goose's reputation. 

Even a number of corporate purchasers were scammed, and wound up buying crap for their northern employees. 

3:35 p.m. on April 4, 2013 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,288 forum posts

I once bought a used North Face fleece jacket at a Goodwill store that needed a new zipper. I sent it to TNF and they sent it back saying it was a cheap copy and would'nt even repair the zipper. I would have offered to paid if they had contacted me before sending it back.

November 23, 2014
Quick Reply