3+ season free standing Recommendations

2:18 p.m. on May 21, 2013 (EDT)
24 reviewer rep
23 forum posts

I am looking for a good solid 3+ season tent that can handle 2 persons easily.  Probably need a 3 person rating.  This will be primarily a car camper or shared load piece of gear so I do not need light weight.  What a so need is ease of putting it up and one that can withstand mulitple days in the rain and wind. 

9:36 a.m. on May 22, 2013 (EDT)
1,357 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

There are literally hundred of tents that fit that description. What's your price range? 

I'd suggest features like:

• Full fly (down to the ground)
  • Easy to set up. Clipping system not sleeves
  • Two doors, two vestibules, so you don't have to climb over someone to get out
  • In the US, good ventilation (mesh inner body) takes priority over warmth
  • Bathtub (waterproof) floor of at least 6"
  • Included ground sheet to protect the floor from punctures
  • Dome design is easiest to set up and offers good stability even if not staked down solidly
  • Inner gear loft

Just my ideas of what are important features. Others will have different ideas based on their own experiences. 

8:06 p.m. on May 23, 2013 (EDT)
24 reviewer rep
23 forum posts

Price is not a consideration.  I am willing to pay what is needed for good equipment.  You pretty much hit all the high points of what I am looking for except I can do without a gear loft. 

September 20, 2014
Quick Reply