About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Eastern Active Technologies or E.A.T.

7:12 a.m. on July 18, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,917 forum posts

http://www.ediblegear.com/

Here is a site I posted before in the past about a company that makes edible gear. No it not real, but it would be a interesting concept! 

Example:

BACKPACKSSnackPackTM. Made of the same high tech GummiSkin as our tarps, the SnackPack is tough yet toothsome, strong yet sweet.

pack-50p.jpgSnackPack I

You'll definitely have to be careful not to bite off more than you can chew; make sure you have enough sack left to carry your uneaten gear back home. In fact, we make the SnackPack in an extra large version for just that reason. It's made to reduce in size as you're reducing your load so you finish it up the last night out. Eat the rest of your CaliforniaRoll and SnackSack for breakfast, and carry the lightest load of all to the trailhead. You might want to save a strap or two to chew on while in motion, but it'll be hard to resist just gobbling it all. Offered in four delicious flavors and two practical sizes.

SnackPack IVolume:2800 cubic in.Weight:17 oz.Material:GummiSkinFlavors:Blueberry
Mango
Passion Fruit
Spice SnackPack IIVolume:3500 cubic in.Weight:24 oz.Material:GummiSkinFlavors:Blueberry
Mango
Passion Fruit
Spice

4:01 a.m. on July 19, 2013 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
834 forum posts

sounds like you would end up carrying your tent on your head...

7:39 a.m. on July 19, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,917 forum posts

Did you read the site, all the gear is edible? Even the stove fuel is like whiskey. 

6:57 p.m. on July 20, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP
0 reviewer rep
138 forum posts

Sounds like you would eat yourself out of house and home...

I wonder if nuts are manufactured in the same premises as those packs.

Warning : it may contain soy

Not to be used for the other use.

8:20 p.m. on July 20, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,590 reviewer rep
583 forum posts

I could see it all dissolving in the rain. :)

12:19 a.m. on July 22, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP
0 reviewer rep
138 forum posts

Sounds like this potential solution is becoming a dissolution.

11:49 a.m. on July 22, 2013 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
834 forum posts

now they just need to make an edible stove and cookset.

April 17, 2014
Quick Reply