Pack Choice Redux

6:35 p.m. on March 7, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. blade

Hi all,
A short while back I posted my 4 final choices for my first internal pack. The Gregory Palisade and Whitney, and the Dana Glacier and Terraplane LTW.

Well, like the Australian winning the gold in short track skating, none of these packs ended up being the pack I bought. After many hours walking around the stores wearing loaded packs I chose the Gregory Shasta.

I fell for its simplicity, capacity, reputation, and most importantly, the fit and comfort. I have loaded all my gear, made several 2-3 mile hikes for test runs, and feel that I made a good choice.

Would be interested to hear others opinions and experiences with this pack.

Thanks
blade

12:16 p.m. on March 8, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Blade.

Very nice selection. I've had my Shasta for approx 4 year and it has served me extremely well. I have done may weendend and week long trips as well a used it twice on Rainier. The fit is superb and rides well.

Enjoy it!

Dave.

Quote:

I fell for its simplicity, capacity, reputation, and most importantly, the fit and comfort. I have loaded all my gear, made several 2-3 mile hikes for test runs, and feel that I made a good choice.

Would be interested to hear others opinions and experiences with this pack.

Thanks
blade

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply