Eureka Timberlite 2 XT recomendations?

11:23 a.m. on September 15, 2003 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

I think I have finally narrowed my new tent selection to the Timberlte 2 and am pretty close to calling Campmor.

Anyone have any really negative feed back about this model?

Campmor is selling it for $129.99 + $8.00 shipping.

Anyone know of a better price?

9:22 p.m. on September 15, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

high recommendations

I have the 3XT, and it is by far the best tent I have ever used. Realized I forgot the poles on one trip last year after driving for 20 hours, and it was still roomy enough for 2 rigged up with rope and duct tape.

I love this tent... quality & durability is great.

Cheers!

6:19 a.m. on September 16, 2003 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
Thanks for the reply! I ordered the Timberlite 2 yesterday......

found out the tent was discontinued last year. No more Timberlites are being made. Eureka replaced the Timberlite with the 4 season Alpenlite.

Thought I would get the tent while Campmor still had them in stock. Once their gone they are gone!

1:05 p.m. on September 17, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Re: Thanks for the reply! I ordered the Timberlite 2 yesterday......

yeah... it's too bad they discontinued the Timberlite. A buddy of mine has the Alpenlite, and its pretty similar - just the extra poles and higher column rating. I question the validity of the 4 season rating on it though.

Enjoy your new tent!

10:34 a.m. on September 24, 2003 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
One question for ya solaceseeker......

where the fly attaches to the tent body along the center of the sides....what do you use to put the stake thru,
the metal ring or the cloth strap?

Does the metal ring attach to the clip? Didn't see any mention of the proper hook up there in the instruction sheet.

3:23 p.m. on September 29, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Kate, Kate F
one answer for ya...

Quote:

where the fly attaches to the tent body along the center of the sides....what do you use to put the stake thru,
the metal ring or the cloth strap?

I put the stake through the metal ring, but I have found that I have to tie the cloth strap to itself in a big knot or it will loosen in really windy conditions, as the strap doesn't provide enough friction to stay in the buckle effectively.

Quote:

Does the metal ring attach to the clip? Didn't see any mention of the proper hook up there in the instruction sheet.

Yeah, the instruction sheet is pretty useless. I attach the clip to the thin flat cord loop, not the metal ring. This arrangement works better than using the ring-clip, and the loop/strap to stake it out.

Clear as mud?

Cheers!

9:50 a.m. on September 30, 2003 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
I see the bottom thru the mud. Thanks! n/m

nm

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply