About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Fleece Question

1:55 p.m. on February 9, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I couldn't anything like this question in the forum, so I apologize for making my first post a newbie question.

Basically, I recently received a Mountain Hardwear Traverse Trifecta jacket, which I'm very happy with, but I'm looking for a warmer middle layer than the synthetic zip-in liner that's included with the jacket. However, Mountain Hardwear doesn't offer any fleeces compatible with the shell.

Since price isn't really an issue, I was contemplating the Mastiff Jacket (also Mountain Hardwear), but I'm concerned that it won't fit properly since it doesn't zip-in. Would it be too thick or too long to fit comfortably underneath the shell? Is there a better option altogether?

Thanks very much in advance.

4:36 p.m. on February 9, 2007 (EST)
143 reviewer rep
69 forum posts

Your choices in the large, grey-area-like realm of middle-layers are vast. For no-nonsense fleece, check out the Marmot fleece jackets at Sierra Trading Post. Backcountry has the Mountain Hardwear Offwidth Primaloft jacket which might have the best fit underneath your Traverse Trifecta. My best recommendation would be to get a Patagonia fleece jacket. Check out the web specials at www.patagonia.com and you might just find what you're looking for, 50% off.

9:30 p.m. on March 6, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts
April 20, 2014
Quick Reply