safari tent manufactrers

3:24 p.m. on May 26, 2007 (EDT)
(Guest)

anyone know of any good Tent manufacturers doing safari style in tents in Africa or US? looking for luxury tents for 2 people, any help appreciated

6:21 p.m. on May 26, 2007 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,899 forum posts

I suggest that you contact some of the outfitters in Africa who run those kind of trips and ask them. I assume many of them have websites. Otherwise,Coleman and Eureka make big "family style" tents. Stay away from anything available from Wal-Mart, K-Mart or similar stores. The tents they sell almost all come from the same manufacturers in China and are poorly made.

9:11 p.m. on May 27, 2007 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
4,275 reviewer rep
5,982 forum posts

Cabela's sells a variety of "outfitter" tents, though most of them are for the "North Woods" and Alaska rather than the veldt. If you pick and choose among them, though, I think you can find what you want. In addition to Eureka and a couple other brands, they have their own label (unlike the big box store labels, Cabela does sell good quality gear under their own name and stands behind their gear). http://www.cabelas.com Warning - like any quality gear, Cabela Outfitter tents are not cheap.

8:07 p.m. on July 18, 2007 (EDT)
(Guest)

WWW.EXCLUSIVETENTS.COM

November 23, 2017
Quick Reply