Prospector Trekker Solo Bivy

6:09 p.m. on January 14, 2008 (EST)
(Guest)

Saw this on Ebay and in other stores. Thinking of buyingone. If anyone has one or knows anyone that owns one, let me know what you think. I will only be used 6 to 8 times a year. Let me know.

7:08 p.m. on January 14, 2008 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
141 forum posts

The Wenzel 2-person tent makes excellent, cost and weight-effective alternantive to cheap and mid-priced solo tents. So do tarps, especially when large enough to artfully configure as pyramids, to fend off the weather. Tarp shelters are good also, but not cost-effective compared with very cheap versions of solo tents.

Solo tents are a peculiar niche, with unpleasant disadvantages and often dubious advantages...despite their obvious appeal. Often, mostly even, they weigh far too much given afforded space. After a night or two, their small size may become intolerable and in times of heavy condensation, for several reasons become more weepy and damp than a similar 2-person tent.

Most or all of them are quite usable with seam sealing. The best and most costly, are better than the others, but certain premium tent makers, (North Face for example, aren't that good in my opinion anyway.

July 13, 2014
Quick Reply