What Boots??

9:28 a.m. on April 21, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

Hi,

I'm from South Africa and I'm battling to find a pair of boots for myself. I am climbing Elbrus in June and hopefully Everest in 2010 or 2011 with some high altitude climbs in between. I have tried on a La Sportiva Nepal Extreme in a 48 and it fits nicely but was worried about the warmth and much I could use it after Elbrus and its expensive here in S.A, would I be able to get good use out of them??. I tried on a Scarpa Vega/Inferno in a 12.5UK and it was to small and basically all the suppliers here in S.A have told me to find a boot on the internet because they have nothing for me. I have been looking at the Asolo AFS800 but dont about the fit or much about the boot. What about the Millet Alpinist GTX. It's really frustrating as I've been trying to get a boot here for about 6 months and have come up dry and have been shrugged off by the stores here. Another thing is overboots, should I use them or not, but with what boot?

If anyone has some advice or knows some good websites for boots, please let me know, your assistance is greatly appreciated
Nabss

4:00 a.m. on April 25, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
89 forum posts

I listed some Asolo Summit Boots I can sell for cheap.

October 22, 2014
Quick Reply