12:05 p.m. on August 23, 2009 (EDT)
65 reviewer rep
170 forum posts

there is no such thing himalaya. it's just omnifuel

http://www.primus.se/Templates/Pages/3_cols_white_middle.aspx?SectionId=5888

6:32 p.m. on August 25, 2009 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,757 forum posts

Not exactly true. A web search will pull up lots of references to the Himalaya. It may be an earlier version or the same stove under an earlier name. Whatever it is, it is not in the current Primus catalog.

8:15 a.m. on August 27, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

i contacted primus and they said me:

Omnifuel Himalaya is the old name of Omnifuel. There have been some design updates during the years but the performance is the same.
Best regards,
Eric Svartström

6:29 p.m. on August 28, 2009 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,757 forum posts

This proves my point that has been raised before by me and others here and elsewhere-if you have a question about a product, contact the manufacturer first.

After all, they made it and if anyone has parts for it, for example, they will or may know who does in the case of older products no longer made or supported.

5:14 p.m. on September 1, 2009 (EDT)
65 reviewer rep
170 forum posts

Sorry if I was a bit harsh in the way I put my post before, did not meant to.

10:38 a.m. on November 10, 2009 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

* these are much louder then the nova stoves, but no matter what anyone says, the nova will not work with any kind of gasoline *

1:11 p.m. on November 10, 2009 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,430 reviewer rep
5,326 forum posts

ion66 said

* these are much louder then the nova stoves, but no matter what anyone says, the nova will not work with any kind of gasoline *

Leaving aside that the question was about a particular Primus model and the Nova is an Optimus stove, sold for a while by Brunton in this country -

Your statement implies that there is no kind of "gasoline" that will work in the Nova, which is primarily a liquid fuel stove. As it stands, that is not correct, but I think what you meant was that the Nova, like many liquid fuel backpacking stoves, burns "white gas" and is limited in what other varieties of liquid fuels it burns. For example, don't use autogas or avgas with it. But certain versions of the Nova can burn kerosene.

1:51 p.m. on November 20, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

The Primus Omni Fuel Stove works with virtually all types of fuel, from LP gas, gasoline/petrol and diesel to kerosene - even aviation fuel.

5:59 p.m. on November 20, 2009 (EST)
2,430 reviewer rep
5,326 forum posts

As I have posted several times elsewhere on Trailspace (and other sites), while I have burned avgas (and autogas) in my Primus MFS (currently sold as the Omni, briefly called Himalayan), it really is not a good idea, partly from the stove maintenance standpoint, but also because avgas has lead (still, even 100LL), and both autogas and avgas additives for protection of the valves and reducing buildups on valves and spark plugs which have the side effect of producing more CO when used in stoves than "white gas". The Optimus and Brunton Nova clogs rapidly with autogas and avgas, so the distributors recommend strongly against those fuels.

1:26 a.m. on November 21, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

Primus even produced it's Omnifuel Stove in a Titanium version and it came with a Titanium pump. It was a limited production stove. If they had supplied a titanium fuel bottle with it, it would have been the holy grail of all stoves (IMO). I have never used the stove and if you say it has clogging issues with certain fuels then thats not good. Perhaps they could use a self cleaning adjustment valve. Coleman Fyrestorm stove have these type of valves.

2:30 p.m. on November 21, 2009 (EST)
2,430 reviewer rep
5,326 forum posts

Your are confusing the Omni (Primus) with the Nova (Optimus and Brunton). The Omni does have some clogging problems with autogas and avgas, but much less than the Nova.

3:03 p.m. on November 22, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

Here is the link for the Omnifuel titanium.

http://www.moontrail.com/primus-omnifuel-titanium.php

October 30, 2014
Quick Reply