Marmot deal

4:49 p.m. on September 7, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
55 forum posts
5:09 p.m. on September 7, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

That's a pretty good deal to bad I recently got a smaller pack.

5:35 p.m. on September 7, 2009 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

That is a very good price but i also must add that Marmot is not known for their packs.I have tried a few of their packs on but have not been pleased with their fit,this is just me.Packs are like boots every brand fits everybody different but on a whole Marmot packs do not rate well.YMMV

6:06 p.m. on September 7, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

Skimanjohn

Regarding Marmot packs what is there suspension system like in them? I know there not all the same but there basic style should be similar across there internal frame packs.

9:34 p.m. on September 7, 2009 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Nice drop in price. However, I don't know how you fellas and ladies buy packs. Generally, I need to try it on before I shell out the cash.

10:02 p.m. on September 7, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

Sometimes you just have to take a chance on a really good deal. Besides you can always return it or sell it on possibly eBay or someplace like that.

10:04 p.m. on September 7, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

Sometimes you just have to take a chance on a really good deal. Besides you can always return it or sell it on possibly eBay or someplace like that.

10:35 a.m. on September 8, 2009 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Or, in a dream world, we would all have the funds to buy and try all the equipment we want... :) What a world that would be!

10:45 a.m. on September 8, 2009 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

Skimanjohn

Regarding Marmot packs what is there suspension system like in them? I know there not all the same but there basic style should be similar across there internal frame packs.

Though all packs may look similar they dont all feel nor carry the same.Good price or not there are several reasons i wont purchase this pack.#1 I have tried on Marmot packs and my body does not like the way they feel [YMMV].#2 I have a four pack stable of packs that work very well for me and my body likes them.#3no need to spend money on something i dont need.Have had several buddies purchase Marmot packs and all have sold them within one year because they did not work out for them,all were purchased at great prices.

11:59 a.m. on September 8, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

mike068 said:

Skimanjohn

Though all packs may look similar they dont all feel nor carry the same.Good price or not there are several reasons i wont purchase this pack.#1 I have tried on Marmot packs and my body does not like the way they feel [YMMV].#2 I have a four pack stable of packs that work very well for me and my body likes them.#3no need to spend money on something i dont need.Have had several buddies purchase Marmot packs and all have sold them within one year because they did not work out for them,all were purchased at great prices.

Skimanjohn regarding my question, so basically you have no idea ?

I didn't say I wanted to buy one I was just interested in the suspension design I have never seen one but never mind.

3:35 p.m. on September 21, 2009 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

Once again i can only say try a variety of makes.They all do look similar and have many of the same features but all will feel different.Just like a hiking boot,they all look basicly the same,all brands "feel" different.Marmot packs do not work for me but may for you.I just feel there are much nicer packs on the market.For me Osprey packs fit like they were custom made just for me,i have a long torso for my height and a small waist.It is the small detils in design,materials and layout that make all brands their own.You will feel the difference more than see it.ymmv

3:42 p.m. on September 21, 2009 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

Mike068/i should have added iam not trying to be difficult it is very hard to define the little differances between companys.I do like some of marmots clothing and a few bags but no one company does all things well,such as North Face or any others.All brands offer the "same" features it is just that some do a better job at pulling them off than others.It is a very fine line between good and excellent sometimes and very much a matter of personel taste and experiance.ymmv

September 16, 2014
Quick Reply