Field and Stream 0 degree sleeping bag

4:51 p.m. on January 13, 2010 (EST)
4 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Does anyone have any information on Fields and Stream clod weather sleeping bags. I ran across some of these in Dicks Sporting Goods but can find no reviews or who may even be the manufacturer. Price is good but just not sure.

4:06 p.m. on January 31, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Got 5 good reviews on www.buzzillions.com.

8:34 p.m. on January 31, 2010 (EST)
5 reviewer rep
40 forum posts

I have one, and I have to say I'm impressed with it. It's not the lightest out there, but it's not too heavy either. It has kept me warm on chilly nights, but I've only had it out in weather as cold as 20 degrees - so I can't speak to the zero degree rating. It comes with a good compression sack.

I got mine about a year and a half ago, it's mostly green with black trim - not sure if you're looking at the same one. I'm sure some of the bigger branded, more expensive bags are a bit lighter and warmer, but this is a good sleeping bag. I recommend it.

Just noticed they don't have Field and Stream as a brand of sleeping bags in the gear review section here on Trailspace. I think it's Dick's store brand, I could be wrong.

1:46 p.m. on April 19, 2010 (EDT)
23 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I wouldn't call it a true 0 degree bag add +20 to that rating. I have a F&S 20 degree and used a fleece liner to stay marginally comfortable when temps hit 21 degrees over night during a spring camping trip last year. That same bag kept very warm though a few weeks ago while camping on the Appalachian Trail in Worthington State Park, the temp was in the low forties.

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply