Three Wire Bivy

12:53 p.m. on February 18, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

Have been looking into getting the Big Agnes Three Wire Bivy or the ID unishelter but am unsure which to choose i have seen great reviews on both and have read up on the forums.

I can get a pretty good deal on the last years version of the three wire but i cant figure out what Big Agnes has changed in their new model, i sent them an email and they are yet to respond.

any insight on the updates would be greatly appreciated.

Tulley

1:56 a.m. on February 19, 2010 (EST)
3 reviewer rep
101 forum posts

Call their customer service. They were really helpful finding a footprint for one of their discontinued tents.

Toll Free: 877.554.8975
Phone: 970.871.1480
Fax: 970.879.8038

2:34 a.m. on February 21, 2010 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
699 forum posts

New for 2010 - the BA has external pole attachements, PU coated foot end (a mistake in my opinion), and less overhang with respect to the awning. Otherwise the dimensions are the same. I own a 2008 version and although the poles have to be inserted internally into the head area, the entire top is eVENT.

Of note, I also own an ID Unishelter and prefer that model in all respects. It is easier to get into and the rear vent is very helpful. It is also functionally wider and quite a bit longer.

December 20, 2014
Quick Reply