Jacks R Better Quilt

7:59 a.m. on May 9, 2010 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep
95 forum posts

I just ordered a JRB Shenandoah Quilt for summer trips and I cannot wait to get my hands on it! From all the reviews/field reports I have read about their gear I think I am going to be quite pleased.

Anyone else use quilts? I have been a sleeping bag guy and have been looking into buying a lighter summer weight bag. I think I will do very well with a quilt in the summer. I am usually so hot in a bag in the summer and have it wide open like a quilt

First impression about JRB is great customer service. I emailed them about the Shenandoah and they asked for my number so they could call me and talk about possible options. Peter Pan (Jack Tier) called me and was courteous, knowledgeable, and didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need. A real nice guy!

1:45 p.m. on May 16, 2010 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
134 forum posts

Cottage manufacturers are great. Nothing like having the owner call you.

6:08 p.m. on May 16, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

I have an older JRB quilt, and a newer DIY quilt made by someone else than me.

I mostly use my quilts in a hammock, but yes I think they are great for summer use if your bag is going to be too hot. Sometimes I start out on top of a quilt then as the night cools off I get under it.

11:35 a.m. on May 17, 2010 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep
95 forum posts

Well I received the quilt last week and it is made very well.

- The first thing that blew me away was the weight (15oz), it will be perfect this summer. Lofts up nicely.

- It is extremely easy to compress.

- Creating the footbox is simple and intuitive.

- The packaging was nice. It comes in a breathable storage bag.

- Drawcords at the head and feet. You can draw the cord about a foot on each side and tuck your shoulders in the pockets to help prevent drafts.

12:41 a.m. on May 21, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I have a No-Sniveler from JRB and it's very lofty, well made and warm. I'm using it for my first AT section hike next week.

August 20, 2014
Quick Reply