Greatland nonstick kettle with frying pan/lid

5:08 a.m. on July 14, 2010 (EDT)
4 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

hi im thinking of purchasing a Greatland nonstick kettle with frying pan/lid

does anyone have any experience with this product, in particular, the nonstick coating, is it durable, or does it comeoff after a few uses, i have a texsport nonstick pan and its cheap the coating is this painted on sparkly one coat , i dont want the same thing, anybody know of an affordable non stick pan that will last?

7:25 a.m. on July 14, 2010 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

Most brands of fine if you care for them properly.

I found the durability of non-stick surfaces is more a function of how the pan is used than the technology itself. Avoid over heating; the coating can be burned. Avoid using with stoves that have compact burner heads (less than 1” diameter) since they focus the heat and contribute to burning events. Avoid scorching cooked foods, and avoid using scrubbers on the surface. Do not use metal utensils when cooking, and do not use metal scouring pads, sand, grit or gravel when cleaning. Do, however, use foil to cover or a lid while cooking; it helps distribute heat more evenly. Lastly, don’t pack the pan in such a manner that other objects contact the non-stick surface, as they will rub, and scrap away the surface while you are hiking

Ed

1:53 p.m. on July 14, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
118 forum posts

Hi,

If you are looking for a good nonstick pot or pan look for one's with silicon ceramic coating. This coating is not only harder than traditional nonstick such as Teflon, it is also safer because it's silicon base and does not use PFOA which may be a health concern.

5:16 p.m. on July 14, 2010 (EDT)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

If non-stick coatings are indeed non-stick, how then do they stick to the pan? ;-)

9:45 p.m. on July 14, 2010 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

If non-stick coatings are indeed non-stick, how then do they stick to the pan? ;-)

And if toothpaste is impossible to place back in the tube, how did it get there in the first place?
Ed

September 20, 2014
Quick Reply