sacrilegious?

10:05 p.m. on August 3, 2010 (EDT)
108 reviewer rep
45 forum posts

I have donated to the thrift store all my high tech shirts of nylon or polyester (mostly Columbia titanium button ups) because I find them to give me rashes, to be warmer, and to stink worse than cotton, or preferably for heat, seersucker.

Am I alone?

10:35 p.m. on August 3, 2010 (EDT)
120 reviewer rep
137 forum posts

You should have donated them to me.

11:56 p.m. on August 3, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
45 forum posts

I can't wear the synthetic fabrics either. They rub my neck raw. I know they say no cotton as it holds moisture but I have to go with a light-weight woven cotton when it's hot. As long as it's loose, it dries pretty well.

1:21 a.m. on August 4, 2010 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

I too can't wear the plastic stuff, makes me stink like I haven't bathed in a month. I find those cheap Hawaiian shirt are good at keeping me cool, while proving just a little more smelly than cotton. And I look the suave tourist part too! (Now if I can only find wingtips with vibram soles…)
Ed

10:08 a.m. on August 4, 2010 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
573 reviewer rep
286 forum posts

I like cotton, too. But I live in the desert and I WANT my tee shirt to retain moisture. Really helps to cool me off.

10:18 a.m. on August 4, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,083 forum posts

Vibram soled wing tips - just might be the new trend!

11:00 a.m. on August 4, 2010 (EDT)
108 reviewer rep
45 forum posts

You should have donated them to me.

I still have 2 left... grey, size large...

I am in Canada,

but if you want to pay for the post,

they will be on their way.

Actually, my Dad will be in Seattle at the end of August,

which would make it significantly cheaper and easier (no declarations at the border)...

Feel free to email me

November 23, 2014
Quick Reply