Osprey vs Gregory Daypack

12:56 p.m. on August 5, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I'm looking for any and all advice on which new daypack to purchase. My two options are: the Gregory Muir 24 and the Osprey Stratos 24. I will be using the pack primarily for everyday carry, including occasional laptop and books. My top concerns are functionality and durability.

I have seen several positive reviews for the Osprey, which push me in that direction. However, the Gregory has the internal laptop sleeve and the ability to tuck away the waistbelt when not in use (probably would not use in the city). I do not currently have the means to physically try on either pack without ordering them both online.

Thank you in advance for any help!

12:41 a.m. on August 7, 2010 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
62 forum posts

Welcome, AndrewM!

If you can't try both of them on to compare, I'd probably say just go with the one that has the features that most appeal to you. Speaking for myself, I love the LightWire framing used by Osprey, so that's probably what I'd get if I were in the market for an adventure-day pack.

2:25 a.m. on August 7, 2010 (EDT)
75 reviewer rep
306 forum posts

I would just warn you to be careful buying a pack you have not been able to try on. I made that mistake...once.

3:57 p.m. on August 7, 2010 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

Definatley try them on before you buy. But i love and recommend the osprey.

3:19 p.m. on August 10, 2010 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

I too am an Osprey fan.This is because they fit me very well and have most of the features i like.Like many when it comes to packs,boots and clothing i like to try them on first.My advice is try to do this before making the purchase.

October 25, 2014
Quick Reply